Mentoring

Options
steveadams48
steveadams48 Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I am not sure where to post this request so apologies if it is in the wrong section.

I believe a mentor who has self employed book keeping experience would be really helpful and wondered if anyone would be interested?

My background is that in May of this year I became redundant after working 30+ years with Midland Bank eventually HSBC. I joined direct from school and spent the first 15 years working in the branch network eventually as a branch manager and then 15+ years in commercial banking. My last role was working with business owners and management teams on businesses with sales turnover of £5-£20m.

I started studying AAT from level two in May and have tried to be as disciplined as possible. Level two and level three are complete apart from Spreadsheets which I have just started. I have studied the text and booked exams for level four: budgeting, Financial statements and Financial performance in October and November. I am hopeful of completing level 4 by February 2013.

I am now starting to approach accountancy contacts developed over many years and I am hopeful that I will be able to gain work experience. One contact has been kind enough to offer part time employment to start my return to paid work. Others advise that they may be able to refer book keeping work once I am qualified and have experience.

My ambition is to become a self employed book keeper by the end of 2013.

I am not asking to take up too much mentoring time, maybe the odd phone call/email and meeting once a month.

I live close to the city and regularly travel into the City and West End already, with my trusty bike I can get to most places.

Please get in touch is you are interested, either on the forum, mobile is 07803704811 or email, steveadams48@hotmail.co.uk

Steve Adams

Comments

• Donna Curling
    Donna Curling Registered Posts: 59 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    to follow on to this if anyone would like to be a Mentor for Level 2 students I would very much appreciate hearing from you. I tutor at an adult education college and have 10 students - the additional support I believe would be so beneficial to them and also to yourself in going back to basics.

thank you - look forward to hearing from anyone that has been there - preferably level 4 but a student at level 3 would also be beneficial. regards Donna - Complete Book-keeping Ltd
    Donna Curling - AAT Tutor
    www.completebookkeeping.co.uk
  • mentorkeith
    mentorkeith Registered Posts: 74 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Offering To Be A Mentor
    to follow on to this if anyone would like to be a Mentor for Level 2 students I would very much appreciate hearing from you. I tutor at an adult education college and have 10 students - the additional support I believe would be so beneficial to them and also to yourself in going back to basics.

thank you - look forward to hearing from anyone that has been there - preferably level 4 but a student at level 3 would also be beneficial. regards Donna - Complete Book-keeping Ltd

Hi Donna

I don't know if you are still accessing this forum, but if you are and if you are still requiring mentors, would you please give a bit more information. Are you located near to London?

Here is a bit more information about myself:

I have just successfully completed my Level 3 after returning to college as a mature experienced accountant. I passed all 7 units first time with the majority being mostly 'exceeded'.

My training provider made use of my accounting experience and training skills to assist them in helping other students in a mentoring role. Actually, it gave me a real'buzz' being able to help my fellow students to pass their exams.

My personal AAT tutor is encouraging me to become a mentor and is happy to recommend me.
Privacy Policy