Wording for disengagement letter

Options
Gem7321
Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
I couldn't find a template on the AAT website or CCH, does anyone have one or know standard wording? I've never had to use one until now! :huh:

Comments

• StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Gem, I use something like this:

We hereby give notice that as of the date of this letter, we will cease to provide professional services to NAME Ltd, its associated companies or its individual shareholders and directors, including but not limited to bookkeeping, accountancy and tax-related services. We will of course finalise all issues still in process as follows:

• Filing CT600 for year ended xxx upon receipt of signed documents from you. T
    • Filing of abbreviated accounts for xxx upon receipt of signed documents from you.
    • Dealing with xxx query

The advice that was provided to you during the course of our professional engagement was for your sole use and did not constitute advice to any third party to whom you might have communicated it. We accept no responsibility to third parties for any aspect of our professional services or work that has been or may be made available to them.

We will not be responsible for any losses, penalties, surcharges, interest or additional tax liabilities arising from any failure to file your VAT, tax returns and accounts with HMRC and/or Companies House. You will be solely responsible for identifying another accountant to take on these responsibilities or to satisfy the need for the services that we provided in other ways.

It is normal for an incoming accountant to write to the previous accountant for various papers to enable the continuance of your accountancy and tax affairs. Under the Data Protection Regulations we can only release this information to a third party with your written permission; we would therefore be grateful if you would advise us of your new accountant’s name once you have appointed them and your consent for us to pass necessary information on to them. [Please note we may hold a right of lien over this paperwork until such time your account with us is settled in full. Invoice number blah is overdue etc. I would be grateful for payment by return.]

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your business to date, and to wish you every success in the future.
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    StuartW wrote: »

Thought I'd have a quick nose at this and it is far 'simpler' than that of the ICAEW one I have been using!

Regards

Dean
  • Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Ta!
Privacy Policy