ICAS Project Plan

Options
simonh
simonh Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I am having a little trouble with my plan. I am concerned about section PIC 1.4, and specifically what accounts system is used? Am I to describe the current processes that are undertaken by the company when completing tasks that I am looking to modify in my project, namely payroll and credit control? Also, I am not sure that any decisions are made by cookridge carpets using the 3 financial statements. I am finding the inability to discuss things with "John and Peter Cookridge" extremely frustrating, am I best to just discuss how these statement can be used it general terms? The report plan feels like it is geared towards individuals doing work based assessments.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly received and appreciated.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Simon

Have you completed a project proposal and had this approved by your tutor? Have you raised your queries with them or other students in your cohort via an online forum, if there is one?

I'm not sure what report plan you are referring to but I and many other students have completed ICAS using a case study.

Good luck with ICAS, you can do it :o

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • The Magician
    The Magician Registered Posts: 96 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Dude, I can empathise.

Are you a distance-learner? At times I felt like I was the only one on here struggling.

My advice to you is to purchase the BPP 2012 tutorial text. Pretty much any other text books you have burn ya'know :laugh:

It includes a sample case study similar to what you were issued by the AAT.
    I do tend to find the same weaknesses keep cropping up from case study to case study.

It was invaluable to me in understanding how you compose a proper report and articulating using business language.

Many of your questions can be answered by looking at this.

Apparently people have told me that this case study falls short of satisfying all the mapping criteria.

Fair enough, but as a indicative guide I feel it is unparalleled.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Are you a distance-learner? At times I felt like I was the only one on here struggling.

I think everyone who does this module is a distance learner unless they are studying at a FE College, I could be wrong but that is my understanding.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy