A Big Thank You!

jenny3549
jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone. I've now passed my final unit and should have my MAAT confirmed on Friday (woo hoo!).

The forum, and everyone who contributes, has been a huge help - not just with specific questions either. Hearing everyone's experiences and stories has been really helpful and makes a difference. It makes you feel like you are not alone.

So, again, thank you all so much - I couldn't have done it without you!

:biggrin:

Comments

• Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well done!! I bet its a great feeling!! When did you receive your last result?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • jenny3549
    Thanks Sammy!

ICAS was my last one. I had it marked as competent on Thursday last week, did the interview straight away and it went to Internal Verification yesterday. When I looked on MyAAT this morning I was showing as finished. Must admit I was surprised it went through that fast!

I had already applied for membership so apparently that will be done on Friday. Only thing is, I have to wait til mid November til they send my certificate for Level 4 out - no idea why it takes that long.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Congratulations Jenny!

I agree with everything you said about the forum and support from the community :)

I too was marked competent on ICAS yesterday after having the final interview. For some reason I had to complete my induction form again before they could send it for IV, so hopefully mine will also update quickly like yours... not that there is a rush my end, just be nice to see it all completed.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jenny3549
    Thanks Jo - and congratulations to you too!!

Part of me wishes I hadn't left ICAS til last but then again, the relief at having it over with is far greater than any other unit so at least I get to finish on a high!!

You're going to do ATT next aren't you? Have you registered yet? I've signed up with ACCA so I suppose, now I've officially completed AAT, there's no more excuse to delay starting but it feels odd to be starting something all over again. Have a feeling, at my speed, I might be retired before I finish this one!
  • Jo Clark
    Hello Jenny

I'm not sure what I am going to do next! I had thought about doing CIMA, then moved to ACCA as this included tax and audit, but was not sure about the funding and studying for another 3-5 years. I really enjoyed the tax modules so thought about ATT. I have been advised that as I have no dealing with tax on a day to day basis it is not advisable... and then there is the funding issue as the training budget at work has been cut and not sure they would fund ATT even though it won't cost as much as ACCA.

Perhaps I will call it a day with AAT which would be a shame but it has been a great experience. I'm sure I'll let you all know if I do start something else!

What ACCA unit/s are you going to start with?

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jenny3549
    I'm going to start with F7 (Financial Statements) as this and tax have always been my favourites and F4 (Law) because it's all wordy bits (which I hate) as I want to get it out of the way. I can't do tax yet as the books for 2013 are not released yet and I'm not sitting exams til June but I'll see how I get on with the first two. I think aiming for three would be pushing it!

I hope it works out for you with the funding. You seem to have really enjoyed the AAT so I think you'd enjoy doing another one. I'm self study for ACCA which should keep the costs down (at least to start with anyway). Maybe you could look at that or distance learning as a cheaper alternative?
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Jenny - I have been looking into ATT costings etc.

Enjoy ACCA :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Well done Jenny and Jo

You must both be well chuffed. I am studying Financial Performance again and doing my resit in December!!! Can't wait for it to be over and hopefully get the result I need to complete AAT also!
    Fingers crossed, and all the best to you both in your future studies.
    :)
    J
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Jane :)

Good luck with your resit.

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • bubs
    bubs Registered Posts: 41 Regular contributor โญ
    Well done Jenny and Jo. What an achievement! I can't wait to get where you guys are. I hope we will still hear from you guys on the forum though.

Bubs
  • jenny3549
    Thanks both!

Jane, yep - well chuffed! Good luck with the exam in December, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Bubs - I think both Jo and I will still be on the forums just as much. It becomes a (very nice) habit which would be hard to break! Good luck with your studies also.

• Jo Clark
    bubs wrote: ยป
    Well done Jenny and Jo. What an achievement! I can't wait to get where you guys are. I hope we will still hear from you guys on the forum though.

Bubs

Thanks Bubs

I'm sure it won't be long before you complete level 4 :o

JC
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    I think both Jo and I will still be on the forums just as much. It becomes a (very nice) habit which would be hard to break!

Definitely agree with that :001_tt2:
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy