Appealing an exam result

Options
Loz1234
Loz1234 Registered Posts: 50 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how you go about appealing an exam result?

Also, has anyone appealed one and got their mark changed?

Just failed fnst again and have got 3 borderline marks which I don't think is a fair mark really

Comments

• Kitkat82
    Kitkat82 Registered Posts: 46 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    i wouldn't bother, i've appealed twice as they didn't give feedback when i undertook the exams last year and the year before, it was the start of the new QCF syllabus and we were the guinea pigs!

it is a waste of money, unless u were ill on the day or something drastic happen that could have affected your performance don't waste your money...this is the email i had back when i appealed the last time .....

Thank you for sending your CEA1 form in to us.

Let me first say that I’m very sorry to hear of the ill health that you experienced this year.

However, I’m afraid that we will not be able to apply any reasonable adjustments to your script, as these are only granted to students who have experienced unexpected obstacles on the day of their assessments.

In addition, by going through the Enquiries and Appeals procedure, you are applying to have your script reviewed, i.e. to check that it has been marked correctly, rather than applying to have reasonable adjustments applied to it.

Of course, should you wish, we can proceed with your script review, but please be aware that there is no guarantee that your assessment will be upgraded. If you wish to cancel you script review, please let me know whether you would like your cheque shredded or returned to you.

... if you think your borderline marks have been unfairly marked then go for it but i've not heard of anyone being successful in appealing...i may be wrong

good luck :001_smile:
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Loz1234 wrote: »
    Hi

I was wondering if anyone knows how you go about appealing an exam result?

Also, has anyone appealed one and got their mark changed?

Just failed fnst again and have got 3 borderline marks which I don't think is a fair mark really

Did you get all mets and/or exceeded apart from the 3 borderlines? Or were there some DNM's as well? If it was all mets/exceeded, 3 borderlines and no DNM's then it would seem odd to fail the paper but it depends what questions the borderlines were on, if they were quite highly weighted questions then that could explain it.
  • dsavickij
    dsavickij Registered Posts: 37 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I just found out that I failed the budgeting exam, I had these results :
    1.1 exceeded
    1.2 exceeded
    1.3 exceeded
    1.4 exceeded
    1.5 borderline
    2.1 met
    2.2 exceeded
    2.3 did not meet

seems a bit weird to fail? I am tempted to ask the AAT to mark the paper again, it costs £27, but i wonder if i get the money back if they mark me as competent overall?
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hey dsavickij,

I passed with the same amount of tasks exceeded, but it maybe because I 'met' 2.3 which was the written question and got 'border' 1.5.

Do you know which task was the written one, as this maybe the reason.

All the best.
  • dsavickij
    Options
    1.5 and 2.3 were the written tasks, so they could be carrying more marks
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    dsavickij wrote: »
    1.5 and 2.3 were the written tasks, so they could be carrying more marks

As you've discovered, you can't pass this, or any other exam at Level 4, without being competent in the written tasks as well. So no matter how good your numerical work, if your written work is pants you will fail.
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    In my budgeting exam I had more tasks with the following results:

1.1 = exceeded
    1.2 = exceeded
    1.3 = exceeded
    1.4 = met
    1.5 = exceeded
    1.6 = exceeded
    2.1 = exceeded
    2.2 = borderline
    2.3 = exceeded
    2.4 = met

was your exam shorter?
  • acorrenti
    acorrenti Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    ignore me, they were the results from my FNPF exam - oooopsy!!!
    sorry for the confusion :)
  • dsavickij
    Options
    Just in case anyone cares, i appealed and within a week the result was changed to competent!

So its possible, get in!
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Fantastic news!! Bet you are really chuffed!!

So whats next?
  • dsavickij
    Options
    very happy with the outcome, on to the next exam now
Privacy Policy