Tax Return

Options
bianca mocioiu
bianca mocioiu Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello, could anyone tell me please how much would you charge a Sole Trader for a Tax Return and what documents should we give the client at the end of task,
Do we also include a letter with a Disclaimer of Liability?
Thanks

Comments

• jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi Bianca,

Are you registered as a Member in Practice with the AAT?
  • bianca mocioiu
    bianca mocioiu Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Mike, I am just about to do it.. but I have a few questions...Would you know a good professional indemnity insurance link? If I register as a Member in Practice with AAT, would I need someone to supervise my work? Could I get qualified faster? I read somewhere that you can register as a Member in Practice only after you passed Level 3. Is that true?
    Thanks
  • jamesm96
    jamesm96 Registered Posts: 523
    Options
    Hi Bianca,

I think maybe you've been misinformed about becoming an MiP; you do need to be a full member of the AAT before you can apply for an MiP licence so it's not a route to faster qualification. You do need to have qualified first.

Once you've qualified, you'll need someone who can endorse your application to become an MiP (to verify that you have the experience that you say you do and to reccomend you for a licence... etc).

That said, I believe you can carry out certain work while you're still training. I thought it was limited to basic bookkeeping work, but I'm not sure.

Hope that helps!
  • Fireraiser
    Fireraiser Registered Posts: 91 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    You can carry out any work before qualifying but you must comply with AAT codes of conduct and you must not mention any connection with AAT. Once qualified you may only be self-employed in those areas you have a licence for. You do have a breathing space between gaining MAAT and your MiP licence so you don't have to close your practice down for a couple of weeks while the paperwork goes through.
Privacy Policy