I've got my first client :-)

Options
Laura8192
Laura8192 Registered Posts: 95 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Just wanted to share my good news!

Its a local pub, self employed landlady so requirements are SA tax return once a year, and VAT returns one a quarter. She runs the pub herself with a little help from her husband so no PAYE.

Finally feeling more "real" just can't wait to get a few more clients!

Comments

• GemmaS
    GemmaS Registered Posts: 178 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congratulations! :D
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well done that is great news! Just wondering how did you go about finding your first client? I am self employed and do some work for an accountant but looking for a bit of extra money thanks :)
  • Laura8192
    Options
    Well we drink in the pub...! ha ha!

But I am currently setting up as a MIP as I am being made redundant in 3 months, so I have put a few flyers up in local shops, but its early days so don't know if that will bring any clients. My AAT mentor says it is all word of mouth and she hasn't ever advertised. I did look into advertising in the local paper but was horrified at the cost!

I am also getting involved with a local business link organisation, who help people setting up as self employed. I went to my first networking event last week, and did a short presentation to them about my business. This has lead to a few potential clients but will take time as they are all going through their start up process. I have also been invited back to attend each month and do the same presentation to the next group. This is a great way to meet potential clients (I'll let you know if I actually get any clients from it!) and also free! This all came off the back of an email to them asking about networking events.

Good luck!
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Becky V
    Becky V Registered Posts: 374 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well we drink in the pub...! ha ha!

But I am currently setting up as a MIP as I am being made redundant in 3 months, so I have put a few flyers up in local shops, but its early days so don't know if that will bring any clients. My AAT mentor says it is all word of mouth and she hasn't ever advertised. I did look into advertising in the local paper but was horrified at the cost!

I am also getting involved with a local business link organisation, who help people setting up as self employed. I went to my first networking event last week, and did a short presentation to them about my business. This has lead to a few potential clients but will take time as they are all going through their start up process. I have also been invited back to attend each month and do the same presentation to the next group. This is a great way to meet potential clients (I'll let you know if I actually get any clients from it!) and also free! This all came off the back of an email to them asking about networking events.

Good luck!

That sounds really good well done! What is the local business link organisation, i wonder if there is anything like that near me?!
  • Laura8192
    Options
    This one is called Business Enterprise Support (based in Staffordshire) but sure there are similar all over the UK, you could try googling business start up in your area and see if anything comes up. Good luck :-)
  • esimps
    esimps Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Well done! I hope you continue to pick up more clients along the way.
Privacy Policy