Trafalgar Insurance (AAT support notice)

Options
Dean
Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
Presumably the AAT is aware that Trafalgar has changed it's business model.

Any insurer that sends me a renewal notice telling me of change, making reference to a new policy document and insisting "don't just take our word for it" doesn't exactly en-thrill me with confidence.

I don't much fancy sitting down to read the entire ins and outs (although I should) of this policy document, perhaps AAT can enlighten it's MiPs?

My main reason for using Trafalgar is it makes my MiP renewal process more streamlined. Will the AAT continue to do this under the new model?

Regards

Dean

Comments

• Dean
    Options
    Vantage Professional Risks has become a recommended Insurance Broker for the Association of Accounting Technicians.

Snippet from an email I received. I guess something is happening behind the scenes?

Regards

Dean
  • Paul C
    Paul C Registered Posts: 193 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I've found Trafalgar very good value, hopefully Vantage will be also. It will be good to have 2 AAT recommended ones to choose from.
  • sheelagh
    sheelagh Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I moved away from Trafalgar a couple of years ago becuase they were impossible to get hold of. Fortunately my reason for contacting them was only relevant whilst they provided my insurance so could be solved by taking my business elsewhere.
    I find non-responsive insurance providers unattractive, no matter how good the price.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm with RMK Consultants who are on the wider AAT list. I find their customer service excellent, and I pay about Β£12 a month.
    Guest Registered Posts: 73 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Monsoon wrote: Β»
    I'm with RMK Consultants who are on the wider AAT list. I find their customer service excellent, and I pay about Β£12 a month.

That seems very reasonable, I take it you are content that there is sufficient cover, does it include legal and cover any possible indemnity claims in the past you are not aware of as yet?
    I’m paying over Β£500pa for a practice with less than 200k t/o and 2 staff, but does include unlimited legal, cover for both myself and the firm separately and retro claims.
  • Monsoon
    Monsoon Registered Posts: 4,071 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    As far as I'm aware it ticks all the boxes.

Now I'm wanting to double check thought! :lol: It is on an AAT approved scheme though.

Β£500 seems extortionate compared to the figures I hear thrown around on here, but then I expect most of us on here, myself included, are sub-Β£100k turnover.
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi all,

Here's a response from Sarah Burbidge, AAT's Members in Practice Team Manager.

"Thank you for your posts regarding PII providers. We have checked with Parliament Hill who administer the Trafalgar policy, and they have confirmed that new policy documents were sent with their renewal notifications to advise members of a change of insurer to Trafalgar Insurance Company Limited. There are no changes to the policy itself, however should you want further detail you can contact Andrew Holden at Parliament Hill on 0207 710 9494.

"We are keen to hear more about an email referring to Vantage Professional Risks which some of you referred to – if anyone could send a copy of the email to membersinpractice@aat.org.uk we can look into this further."

Hope that's of some help.

Stuart
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    So....is Trafalgar still the AAT preferred insurer???
  • StuartW
    Options
    Hi, I've asked Sarah to clarify on this and she says:

AAT does not have a preferred PII insurer, you can obtain a policy through any provider as long as their policy meets the requirements as set out in Schedule 2 of the Guidelines and regulations for members in practice. We do however continue to work with Trafalgar Insurance Company Limited through Parliament Hill who offer a price promise and low turnover PII policy for AAT Members in Practice. All of the providers on our PII providers list have been checked to ensure their policies meet the needs of the scheme, but they are not preferred insurers.
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I have stuck with trafalgar!
  • Dean
    Options
    Hi Stewart

I have found and forwarded on the email I received.

Regards

Dean
  • Dean
    Options
    I have since received another email from these people. Was there any outcome to the email I previously forwarded?

Regards

Dean
  • Fingersan
    Fingersan Registered Posts: 84 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Dean and Stewart

I have also received a couple of emails from these people, the last of which was on Friday. Below is their opening gambit:

We are pleased to announce that Vantage Professional Risks has become an approved Insurance Broker for the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT). We are therefore delighted to offer exclusive rates for members. This can also be paid over 12 months with our interest free installment facility.

Interested to see if the AAT know they are being used for marketing, including use of AAT logo.
  • StuartW
    Options
    Hi Dean & Fingersan,

Thanks for updating on this - I've forwarded your questions and will report back when I know more.

Stuart
  • StuartW
    Options
    Hi Dean,

It seems your email may have been strangled by AAT's filters - could you try resending to these two email addresses please?

stuart.waterman@aat.org.uk
    community.team@aat.org.uk

Fingersan, if you wouldn't mind doing likewise I'd appreciate it.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks,

Stuart
  • Dean
    Options
    Done. :)
Privacy Policy