ICAS project

Options
I have not had my ICAS project loaded yet onto learn plus.
Also,i have had no reply from the distance learning team at kaplan as to what is going on.
I think i remember in a video that it can take up to 10 business days,i asked for this almost a week ago now.
Is there anything else i should be doing?
I will send another e-mail anyway.

Comments

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I've just emailed my request for the project too. Have you got any links to videos Omega?

I really have no clue what to do with the project, i am a self employed Auto Electrician, self funded AAT studier using Kaplan Texts. I am about as working class as you get, no airs n graces here, struggle like mad to understand what the language is about and have no idea why people would speak this way lol. I have no experience of business departments and only a broad idea of who would be in charge of who. I mean, what is Human Resources about? I don't know anywhere with an HR, R&D, MD, this is going to be a nightmare lol.

Good luck with yours Omega.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    Spamkebab-The videos i paid for when i asked for the premier package.It's about Β£30+ for 8 hours of video's.

I still do not have the project yet,maybe it takes time to find an assessor sad enough to take us both on.
    Why you doing the AAT if you have a trade anyway?
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    It's the wrong trade Omega. I just ended up doing what i'm doing, there's no enjoyment in it at all.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I have no experience of business departments and only a broad idea of who would be in charge of who. I mean, what is Human Resources about? I don't know anywhere with an HR, R&D, MD, this is going to be a nightmare lol.

Try Google... can find the answers to most things here... also don't forget to ask questions on here!

Good luck :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Hi gang,

I'm stuck with the appendices, how do you set this out? how do you physically set this out on paper? I'm not an author lol. Do i just make a list of things referenced and show which paragraph they are contained in?

I am ok with title page, table of contents page, summary, main report but the appendices, i dont understand what is required. The Kaplan book has no examples and i still haven't found a sample report.

I must say that after passing the other exams, i do now believe in guardian angels, but that mine has flown to Barbados for the next few months leaving me alone nd feeling quite stupid with my ICAS project.
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi Spamkebab,

Fortunately our BPP workbook has few examples, but they are really simple. I have used Word or Excel, with the appendix number on the top left, appendix title top middle and the topic below.

I am doing appendices for the organisation chart, department chart, techical notes - info what a P&L, BS and CF are, training planner, fraud matrix - yet to complete unit!! In a paragraph where I talk about the subject (say organisation structure), to save on my word count, I reference an appendix.

Hope this makes sense!
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Here is another post that really helped as it has suggestion for appendices (Joe Barraclough):

"Here is the best advice i can give you

http://en-gage.kaplan.co.uk/lms/cont...asguidance.pdf

follow this from page 27 onward and you will be able to pass"
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Thanks Whirlwind, that helps a lot.

I have also ordered the BPP version to see whether it is of any more use than the Kaplan text.

All i need to see is some sort of layout for the project. It's hard to just read text and understand

what is required, i mean, even when doing a Statement of Cashflows we were given a proforma or

2 to see the basic layout. There is nothing in the Kaplan book, i expected to find an old case study

laid out.

If i manage this i think i'll change career (again) and become a novelist lol.

Thanks again,

Neil.
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    Its a nightmare I know, but you must be really chuffed with yourself and remember how much you (and your guardian angels) have accomplished!!

My proof reader is a neuro physio which meant she was used to reading these types of reports but is also a bit of a tyrant about grammar, spelling and the fact that I wafflle!! She made me google loads of reports just to understand how they look/work. I just googled internal control report and found one from "Report on Internal Control - Banque de France www.acp.banque-france.fr/.../2011-SGACP-report-on-internal-contr.." its a word documents but at least I got an idea of why the format has to be the way it does!!

Keep up the good work - we are nearly there!!
  • Whirlwind
    Options
    I hear that link is discontinued so try this ...
Privacy Policy