ICAS Project – Help Available In Birmingham

Options
Malcolm Green
Malcolm Green Registered Posts: 105 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
If you are in or around the West Midlands area and have any concerns about starting or completing your ICAS project, you may like to attend the AAT Birmingham branch Free Performance Enhancer Revision Workshop being held at the BPP in Birmingham on 4th December commencing 5:00pm for registration.

As part of the revision workshop we will be running a session on helping you complete your ICAS project.

If you have completed all your other AAT exams you will be welcome to attend part of the workshop as the first topic will be the ICAS session.

Together with the BPP tutors, who are leading the revision workshop sessions, we will also have a Birmingham branch committee member (Jason) on hand who recently completed his own ICAS project using one of the AAT case study scenarios. Jason is happy to share with you his thoughts and experiences on how he tackled all of this should you need to go down this route.

Places can be booked on-line at MyAAT from the main AAT website.

Can you please mention when making your booking if you only need to attend the ICAS session in order to help us plan the number of handouts required for the other sessions. You can include this request in the ‘any other requirements’ section of the online booking form.

If you are thinking about continuing your studies after AAT, make sure you arrive early for registration to allow for time in the Further Study Zone area where you will have the opportunity to meet and talk to tutors about all the options available once you have completed your AAT studies and take away information on all the study options and programmes available from CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW and ATT.

Directions and Parking

Follow this link for a map and directions to the venue :http://www.bpp.com/contact-us/uk-study-centres/birmingham-queensway-centre/birmingham-map.aspx

If you are planning to travel by car to the Workshop the BPP have made arrangements for reduced parking charges at the Albert Street NCP Car Park.
Park as normal and when you leave the BPP ask them to validate your ticket at the front desk and you will only pay £3.50 for a full day’s parking

Comments

• Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Any chance we can get one of these in London!!!
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    This is great news for Manc students lol.

Birmingham have all the fun.
  • Malcolm Green
    Options
    Book now to secure your place on the revision workshop as we only have 7 places left.
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Are Manchester having one too??
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    I wish Annie.

The cost of a day off work and travel to Birmingham is too high for a poor self funded student.

I really could do with help with ICAS too.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    I am in the same boat Spamkebab, funding it all myself and not working at the moment, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
    Just wish we had events like this in Manchester - I cant get to Birmingham either.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Spamkebab wrote: »
    I wish Annie.

The cost of a day off work and travel to Birmingham is too high for a poor self funded student.

I really could do with help with ICAS too.

Hello Neil

Which part are you needing some help with, perhaps I can help you?

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Spamkebab - I'm sure there's a student event: icas project in Manchester. Check in branch events in Manchester it's on a Saturday..!!
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Just checked it - its on:-
    Saturday 09 February 2013 09:30 - 12:00
    its at ICount - Portland Tower, Greater Manchester, M1 3LF, UK
    Free event.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Hi Annie, i was hoping to have done the project before then. But at least you pointed it out for other students.

Jo, i am just waiting for my tutor to get back to me about the plan i have submitted, then i will definitely let you know when i need help lol, you will hear me for miles.

Thank you for the offer,

Neil.
  • jasec
    jasec Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi all,

I am the jason mentioned above & i passed my ICAS earlier this year using a case study. If you need any help just let me know & I will try to point you in the right direction.
  • Malcolm Green
    Options
    Just to let you know a copy of the presentation and notes for the ICAS revision workshop session can be downloaded from the AAT Birmingham branch website:
    http://aatbirmingham.org.uk/2012/free-performance-enhancer-revision-workshop-review.html#more-1224
Privacy Policy