Personal Tax

Options
Trish80
Trish80 Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello All

I am new to this forum.

I recently sat my personal tax exam in October and found out today that I have failed (second time). I am a bit disappointed and I feel like giving up . I passed level 3 in August (all first time passes). Passed budgeting- (first time pass).

I am thinking of giving up on Personal Tax.

Comments

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hiya Trish,

Have you asked for or received feedback? It would be a shame to give up on it now as you probably know most of what is required to pass the exam. It would be easier to study the parts of Personal Tax that you are struggling with than to start a whole new subject.
    Well done for passing level 3 with first time passes, but remind yourself how difficult level 4 is and what you will have achieved upon completion.

Best of luck,

Neil.
  • Trish80
    Trish80 Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Neil

Thank you for you response. I have received feedback and it seems like I am failing the same topics/questions. I will give myself one more chance and see how it goes.

Thank you
    Trish
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Trish80 wrote: »
    Hi Neil

Thank you for you response. I have received feedback and it seems like I am failing the same topics/questions. I will give myself one more chance and see how it goes.

Thank you
    Trish

Like many others on here I quite like personal tax (I use the knowledge quite a lot at work) so if you come across any questions that you can't do during your revision post them on here and I'm sure someone will provide step-by-step guidance on how to answer the question.

I'm really glad I did personal tax at AAT (it has come in quite handy, i.e. I do my dad's tax return, links in well with my work and links in well with other qualifications like ATT).
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    what bits are you failing on in particular?
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
Privacy Policy