ICAS Massively Stuck.

Options
Spamkebab
Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Up to now i have wrote 2000 words of utter gibberish.

Has anybody laid the mapping document out in lay-man terms, that i could have a copy of? lol.

I seem to be writing the same things over and over again for each section. I'm absolutely stumped with the analysis section. I just don't know what is required and the wordings of the mapping document may as well be written in Latin.

I'm doing the Inkwell case scenario, concentrating on the General Ledger. The information i have is not really indepth but then again my eyes have gone blurry from reading it over and over.

Any help would be muchly appreciated,

Ta,

Neil.

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Have you got a copy of the marking criteria which shows what points you need to show in each section, in order to be marked as competent in each area? I wish I'd had a copy BEFORE I'd written mine, would have saved me a lot of time!

If not, PM me your email and I'll send you a copy. I also have a breakdown of the sections if that would help.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    I've got a copy of the mapping document but the section breakdown would be a great help.

Thanks Nps.

Neil.
  • Nps
    Options
    I'll hunt it out in a mo (just tucking into some cake!)

It's not the mapping document I have, but the marking criteria which shows the marker what they need to see written in order to mark you as competent. I'll send it with the breakdown.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Send me some of that cake as well lol.

Cheers,

Neil.
  • Malcolm Green
    Malcolm Green Registered Posts: 105 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Try this link on MyAAT:

From the level 4 page and ICAS section have a look at the standards for your mapping references aslo if you look at the guidance this will confirm what your findings should be showing.

Hope it helps!

https://services.aat.org.uk/myaat/guidance_standards/
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Has anybody laid the mapping document out in lay-man terms, that i could have a copy of? lol.

Totally agree with you - I found the mapping document harder than the project!! If you get a 'layman' document, please let me know!!

Our tutor has got us to leave it to end, I have just uploaded my 1st draft along with a hobbled together mapping document which I am sure is wrong. Anyhoooo will just have to be patient!!

Keep up the good work - the end is in sight!!
  • Nps
    Options
    Whirlwind, If you PM me your email address, I'll send you something I have which I found helpful.
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Thanks - you're a treasure!!
  • 087catriona
    087catriona Registered Posts: 8 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Help
    Nps1976 wrote: Β»
    Whirlwind, If you PM me your email address, I'll send you something I have which I found helpful.

Please could you send me the link . Iam massively stuck also.

Thanks
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    ICAS is my next unit, if anyone has anything useful would be great if i could have a copy. many thanks.
  • eek
    eek Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I was told to write out the structure of the business first - what it does, how it functions, roles and departments etc. Move onto strengths and weaknesses and then identify a major weakness that needs improving.
    Point out all potential areas of fraud in this area and the business as a whole and then do a cost benefit analysis on improving the system / area. This will have made up 90% of your report.

Get the mapping doc off the practise assessment page and look through to see what you need to add in. There may be sentences that dont flow in the report but you have to stick in to cover the area needed on the ampping doc.

Split your report into 3 columns, First column is paragraph numbering and middle one is text and final one is mapping ref. Then map the report to the doc and then on the doc you write the paragrah number relating to each point.
    Some paragraphs will cover a few points.

Hope this helps
Privacy Policy