Financial performance round 2!

Options

Comments

• missm4ry4m
    missm4ry4m Registered Posts: 177 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Omega man - Wow that's excellent. You're going to have to give me some tips!!!
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Oh no, I'm sure you both did much, much better than you think you did. I felt that way about my FNST exam, but managed to scrape through. What made the written bits so hard? Were they similar to the practice CBT's, or were some naughty, tricky bits sneaked in?
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Did you have Staff grade 1 and staff grade 2 in variance question, and Year X1 and Year X2 in the other by any chance?

Still can't get over how i struggled so much, having a bottle of Rose tonight!! Lol I need it :001_tongue:
  • jane
    Options
    I didn't think either of my question were like any of the practice ones, that is for sure. Think the second written was by far the worse for me. I may have just scrapped through for the variance one!!
    Time will tell but not holding my breath
    :) still smiling though and chilling!
  • missm4ry4m
    Options
    Lots of sneaky bits defintately!! Snap Jane I think everyone who sat FNPF today got that!!! Lol

Yeah for the variance one you had to work out whether their adverse/favourable. And the stupid Operating margin question was so bloody hard. You had to work out the sales price and volume isnt it?? and something about the holding company, working out profit, talking about inventory! It really did throw me.
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Oh blimey! Sounds like a nightmare. At least it's all over now, the best thing to do is forget about it and enjoy Christmas and who knows, in 6 weeks, you'll both get the golden competent!

(Save me some of that rose, Jane...I'll probably need it this time tomorrow!)
  • missm4ry4m
    Options
    Morpheus I hope you don't get the same exam as us!! Good luck :)
  • jane
    Options
    Oh I hope we haven't scared you. Sorry, just be prepared for anything, and I will defo save you some Rose :).

Yep it sounds like the same one alright, it was flippin hard, but am glad I am not the only one to have thought that. I didn't finish it either as I ran out of time, Managed to put some old cods wallop in the second to last question, but know it wasn't right!!

Good luck for 2moro chuck, and hopefully it wont be the same one we got.
    Now its me and starting my Xmas shopping 2moro as I have done not a thing LOL
    x
  • missm4ry4m
    Options
    I feel really eughhhh but I did get my Budgeting result today and thats competent so 2 passed 4 to go!! Lol

Jane - Merry Xmas and do let me know your result!
  • Sammmy88
    Sammmy88 Registered Posts: 283 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Did you get cost card questions!! I have a funny feeling that this retake tomorrow wont be my last :-(
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Awaiting to start CIMA :)
  • jane
    Options
    Merry Xmas to you too. Very well done with budgeting, thats at least put a smile on your face.

Just need to pass this one then I am done and dusted! :)
    x
  • jane
    Options
    Sammy, please don't panic. It was just a bad experience for me. Yes there was the cost card in there, target costing, the usual seasonal things, and of course the variances.

With a bit of luck you will get a different one to what we had today. Will be thinking of you, and let us know how you get on

x
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    It was my 3rd attempt at the horrible exam today and like yourself Jane, it sounds like we all had the same paper as I had the same reports to do too!

It was horrendous for the 3 of us that sat it today (everyone else in the class is doing it after Christmas). How the last report was set out, we have never covered it like that before, let alone doing much work on the written elements anyway!

Oh well, look forward to the 4th attempt :crying: !!
  • Sammmy88
    Options
    Oo no :-(
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Chelle
    Options
    Sorry Sammy, didn't mean to scare you and I hope you have a totally different one to the one we had today x
  • jane
    Options
    Sorry to hear that Chelle. Think the moto of the story is to never give up. Eventually we are going to get a good one that we'll be able to have a good crack at without feeling like we haven't seen anything like it before. Just hope its not going to take too long, cos it's starting to get costly at Β£45 a resit!!
    Klink, the first glass of wine down the hatch already ! :):)
  • Chelle
    Options
    Β£45? We pay Β£40 for ours ?

Going to get myself a Baileys now and forget about it until after Christmas, the reason I took it now so I didn't let it ruin my break!
  • jane
    Options
    Enjoy Christmas now, I'm going to take two weeks off. Probably start reading through the book again in the new year, just to try keep it all fresh in my brain. If its a good result then Yeyyyy, but if not, then it wont be too much all at once :) Happy holidays all x
  • azzy
    azzy Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    hi everyone

how was the exam?

thanks

azzy
  • Sammmy88
    Options
    Ill let you all know how mine goes tomorrow!!! Looking forward to the break though!!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    You guys got that as well!!!

Staff grade 1 and 2 for section 1 and for section 2 we had to work the sales volume and sales price I didn't have
    a clue and also task c and d about holding inventories!

Round 3 coming up :lol:

Good luck to everyone sitting tomorrow
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • azzy
    azzy Registered Posts: 23 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    hi, are you taking about s2 - task 2.1???

any tips how was s2, as i am feeling nervous..... my exam is tomorrow!!!! not looking forward to it
  • aaron0121
    aaron0121 Registered Posts: 422
    Options
    hi Azzy,

Section 2.4 I'm on about, section 2.1 is no probs just make sure you know you're performance indicators.

Good luck for tomorrow
    AAT

Level 2 - 2010
    Level 3 - 2011
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA

F4 - 2015
    F5 - 2015
  • missm4ry4m
    Options
    Make sure you know your breakeven stuff too! My mind went blank on that.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    Jane- I have placed an online order with a supermarket and i included 6 bottles of hardys they gave me an extra bottle first time order.
    Chelle-My exams are Β£55.
    Taking FA12 tax exams in new year cannot take them any earlier.
  • Bongo
    Bongo Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi all,

If it helps, I have the BPP study text and question bank for FNPF as a PDF that i'm more than willing to email over to you guys if you need it.

Iain.
  • Sammmy88
    Options
    I had the same question as u Aaron!!! I chuckled to myself when I saw it!!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    How did it go Samantha?

I see the sites gone down now, were you the last poster? lol
  • jane
    Options
    Hi Sammy

Oh no!!! How did you find it?? Hope it went well for you? :001_smile:
    I have a slight headache this morning after my wine consumption!!! Lol, and i don't normally drink :laugh:

Feeling a bit better today about things than I did yesterday. I just won't give up whatever happens :lol:

J x
  • Sammmy88
    Options
    I think I was Neil !!! Woo hoo!! Haha!!

It was ok.. It was a whole lot better than my 1st one but I see a retake coming on because that last written question and other one, I was like huuuuuuuuuuuuuh??? Haha!! Oh well!!

It's all practice!!
    Level 2 - Passed 2011
    Level 3 - Passed 2012
    Level 4 - Passed 2014

Privacy Policy