Business vs Personal Tax advice

Options
robiMi
robiMi Registered Posts: 6 Regular contributor ⭐
Which of those two did you find more helpfull, easier/closer to FNST,FNPF and Budgeting?

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    I found personal tax easier than business tax but to be honest, if you are choosing one of them as an optional module, I would choose both of them as there is a lot of cross over between them. A lot of personal tax is repeated in business tax. From memory, they are quite standalone modules so not particularly linked to FNST, FNPF or Budgeting.

I really enjoyed both tax modules.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I agree with what NPS has said. Tax papers were really enjoyable and interesting.

If you study PTX I recommend studying BTX. You can always study more than two optional units if there are others which interest you.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • MWAUGH1983
    MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Jo Clark wrote: »
    I agree with what NPS has said. Tax papers were really enjoyable and interesting.

If you study PTX I recommend studying BTX. You can always study more than two optional units if there are others which interest you.

Yeah tax is rather a seperate area! Options I am doing are PTX and cash mgt. I was going to go for btx but I work in the nhs and tax is different so thats what ive been told. However, I enjoyed btx in previous studies and will do that at the end and do it myself - maybe the books and self study it. BTX looks at adj profit, whats duducatable and corp tax which I remember - I would prefer btx personally.

Cheers
    Martin
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I took both tax modules and found PTX really difficult. The calculations aren't so bad, but there are so many quirks to remember when handling different things, I found it very tough. Saying that, I found BTX easier in comparison. This might be because there was a fair bit of crossover with PTX.
Privacy Policy