Personal tax feedback

Options
dsavickij
dsavickij Registered Posts: 37 Epic contributor 🐘
I just got my personal tax feedback and i only had 'met' or 'did not meet'. Has anybody had any other feedback for this exam? Just seems odd as in mall my other exams i get a bigger range of feedback, borderline ect

Comments

• Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi,

Me too with both taxes!! It was my first units where that happened but my last exams to be marked - so didnt care too much!!
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    Mine was just meet/did not meet so i assume its the same for everyone
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Someone once explained the AAT feedback process to me and I was quite surprised.

Not all competencies are examined on every exam, so if a particular competency is not examined you will be shown as 'not yet met'. It doesn't mean you got any questions wrong, it could just mean that it wasn't examined.

Similarly, if there is only one question on a particular competency and you get it right, you will be shown as 'met' or 'exceeded' as you got 100% right. The 'borderline' option will not be available as you can only score 0% or 100% on that competency.

So in theory you could get 100% in an exam and still have a mixture of different feedback, whereas you would have expected to see 'exceeded' against every single competency.

I mentioned this to a lady on the phone at AAT and she confirmed that she believed this to be correct. It also ties in with feedback I have had which have shown some sections as 'not yet met' but I am as certain as I can be, that there were no questions relating to it in the exam.

For this reason, I never took much notice of my feedback as it only has any value if you know how many questions related to each competency. Perhaps someone has more knowledge on this than me, but the AAT seemed to confirm this when I asked.
Privacy Policy