Taken a break.. now i really want to finish

Iain Bruce
Iain Bruce Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Hi All,

I have taken a break from AAT after the two children came along. I reckon I have been out of it for nearly 4 years..

I completed all the exams, the project and had one option devolved assessment to undertake when I stopped.

Can I pickup from where I left off and have one last push to complete the course? I suspect I may have missed the boat, but it would be a shame to have done all of that work only to loose it all.

I have logged back in to my aat account, but I cannot see any of my exam results etc. My membership fees have apparently lapsed so I guess my employer hasn't kept them up.

Any advice on what I can do would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor 🐘
    Iain Bruce wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have taken a break from AAT after the two children came along. I reckon I have been out of it for nearly 4 years..

I completed all the exams, the project and had one option devolved assessment to undertake when I stopped.

Can I pickup from where I left off and have one last push to complete the course? I suspect I may have missed the boat, but it would be a shame to have done all of that work only to loose it all.

I have logged back in to my aat account, but I cannot see any of my exam results etc. My membership fees have apparently lapsed so I guess my employer hasn't kept them up.

Any advice on what I can do would be greatly appreciated!

You should be OK to just do the one remaining optional unit although it will be an exam now. If you did the Diploma route previously you might be even luckier as one of the units you'd have done at Level 3 would exempt you from one of the options at Level 4 so you wouldn't have to take any exams at all. Can you remember whether you did NVQ or Diploma?
  • Iain Bruce
    Hi thanks for your reply :-)

I did the NVQ route (level 4 I believe). I will get in contact with AAT and plead..

Will they expect the last 4 years of membership fees to be paid before I can finish do you know?
  • coojee
    Hi thanks for your reply :-)

I did the NVQ route (level 4 I believe). I will get in contact with AAT and plead..

Will they expect the last 4 years of membership fees to be paid before I can finish do you know?

OK you'll need to do one optional exam then. No, they won't expect you to pay for the last 4 years, remember to give them your existing student number and they'll just resurrect your membership where you left off. What you've done will be converted to exemptions under the new standards leaving you one option to do. Which option did you take before?
  • Iain Bruce
    This sounds great - I really want to finish off, I have a renewed enthusiasm :001_smile:

I took the Credit Control devolved assessment, I completed Financial Accounting & Cost Accounting (from what i remember!). I did also complete the project element that was required and a health and safety unit too.
  • coojee
    This sounds great - I really want to finish off, I have a renewed enthusiasm :001_smile:

I took the Credit Control devolved assessment, I completed Financial Accounting & Cost Accounting (from what i remember!). I did also complete the project element that was required and a health and safety unit too.

That should exempt you from the new credit management unit so you just need to choose from business or personal tax and external auditing.
  • Flosspot
    Flosspot Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    I sat one exam from the old NVQ route in 2009 and then had a 2 year hiatus, during which time the NVQ route closed. The AAT have transferred that over to the new system and I just had to sit the other exams! Brilliant!
Privacy Policy