Results turnaround at christmas

Options
MWAUGH1983
MWAUGH1983 Registered Posts: 420 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
I did bgt on dec 17th. I am expecting this will take longer than the 6 wks due to christmas period.

Can anyone advise the turnaround when they have waited for results at this time of year?

Cheers
Martin

Comments

• Flosspot
    Flosspot Registered Posts: 23 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Hi Martin,

I sat FNST on 22nd Nov and had my results just inside 4 weeks, so even with Christmas I would have thought it would still be within the 6 weeks.

Good luck!

Kerry
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Martin

I sat Budgeting on the 6th Dec and are still waiting for the results, wish they'd hurry up as have FNST next week and would love to know whether I have passed at least 1 level 4.

Hope you hear soon

Jan
  • jenny3549
    jenny3549 Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Martin,

It was a while ago but when I did PTAX it was in December and I got my result within the six weeks so Christmas didn't seem to make any difference.

Fingers crossed for you!
  • Sulew17
    Sulew17 Registered Posts: 174 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    We took our budgeting exam on 7th Dec. A friend who is at the same college took his exam 3 days earlier and got his results last friday. Had hoped mine would be here this week but am still waiting!
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Thanks for that suppose hopefully by the end of january.
  • Sherif23
    Sherif23 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    You should be ok because I sat my ptx on 4th of Dec and got my result exactly a month later on the 4th of January
  • janwal
    Options
    Well Budgeting result finally arrived today and I failed :( well no surprises there then and not much motivation as got FNST on Thursday :(
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Sorry to hear that jan; I would put FNST back as its the worse one - im not to sure my self on bgt but we will see!

What were your questions on bgt for the written part? Have you seen the feedback yet?

Martin
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Martin

Would love to put off FNST but college have told us the date and there is no negotiating, if we don't do it Thursday we can't do it until August as the perso who teaches it is going abroad to travel next week and won't be back until May.

Haven't had feedback yet, have emailed my tutor may get it on Thursday or may have to wait til back to normal next week. If I remember I had a question on a flexed budget and what would happen if the company decided not to go ahead with the project and there was one on PEST.

How are you finding Financial Performance, we have just started that and next week we start PTX, I also have to have 1st draft of ICAS in 18th Feb. So going to be busy.

Right back to revising FNST :(

Jan
  • MWAUGH1983
    Options
    Bit rubbish that putting in place a forced exam entry so they can go abroad! Kaplan give a list of dates and they let you book when available cant see why as external you cant just do that?

Think one of my questions was PEST where they went on about external environment; the other question was about reason for bgt.

Martin
  • Jetina
    Jetina Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I sat FNST on 21/12 and was hoping to get my results after about 4 weeks but it doesn't sound like that will happen :crying:
  • Sulew17
    Options
    Finally got my BGT result yesterday and somehow passed! Was sure I had failed. Now waiting for PTX result which should, hopefully be in early next week according to the AAT.

Sorry to hear you didn't pass Jan but very good luck with FNST. We started it last week and the exam is sometime in March, I think. We've got Cash Management exam mid Feb plus ICAS has to be in Mid Feb as well!

Good luck to everyone else for your results.
  • janwal
    Options
    Well done at passing BGT Sulew17, got my feed back yesterday and only fialed to meet 2 questions, unfortunately both were the written questions.

I am really hoping the FNST questions are in my favour as not that confident, but will give it a go.

How did you find PTX, we start that next week, looking forward to that one.
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hey Janwal,

Sorry to hear your news but the real statement is 'not yet competent' so not really a 'failed'!!

With the written tasks, I checked over all the answers I could to find common statements (almost like a pattern) that then would only need specific/relevant info. I also found the guidance on extended writing really helpful.

Chin up you can do it!!
  • janwal
    Options
    Thanks Whirlwind you made me smile :) I always beat myself up when I don't pass first time but I will keep trying.
    Thanks for the advice, I suppose at least I now know what I can do and what I need to concentrate on.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Thanks Whirlwind you made me smile :) I always beat myself up when I don't pass first time but I will keep trying.
    Thanks for the advice, I suppose at least I now know what I can do and what I need to concentrate on.

Hello Jan

Sorry to hear your news. You have my email if you need any help or just a chat :o

Good luck with FNST - I think that by sitting it on the date set by the college is the best thing as you have been studying and are geared up to do it now, not when you think you will be ready (I would have kept putting mine off!)

Hope ICAS is going ok for you. Did you select case study or work based?

Chat soon.

JC :)
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sorry to hear your news but the real statement is 'not yet competent' so not really a 'failed'!!

Indeed, more like deferred success :D
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi again!!

The reason I said that was I think you need to change your signature to 'nyc' - just feel seeing BGT = 'f' is abit depressing!!
  • Sulew17
    Options
    janwal wrote: ยป
    Well done at passing BGT Sulew17, got my feed back yesterday and only fialed to meet 2 questions, unfortunately both were the written questions.

I am really hoping the FNST questions are in my favour as not that confident, but will give it a go.

How did you find PTX, we start that next week, looking forward to that one.

Thanks Jan. I think I totally messed up my PTX as I got myself in a panic and changed the formulas I used to work out some of my figures. I realised afterwards that I was right in the first place. Moral of this story - stick with your first answer! I enjoyed this module although there is a lot to remember, however, a lot of the info is given to you on the cba - same as Indirect tax. Hope all goes well with FNST. x
  • Sulew17
    Options
    Am totally in shock! Just got my PTX result and I passed! Thought I had completely messed up! FNST and Credit Management next!
  • Jetina
    Options
    Well done! :) When did you sit that exam if you don't mind me asking?
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well done on passing PTX, we are learning that in class atm.

Do you mind if I ask when you sat your exam?

As a side note, I asked AAT on twitter if Xmas had an effect on the results, and they have responded that the Xmas/NY break may delay results by a further week.
  • Jetina
    Options
    Great minds, Sami ;-)
  • SamiH
    SamiH Registered Posts: 179 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Jetina wrote: ยป
    Great minds, Sami ;-)

Indeed mate :)
  • Sulew17
    Options
    Jetina wrote: ยป
    Well done! :) When did you sit that exam if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks! We took the exam on 13th December - hate having to wait so long for results!
  • Bongo
    Bongo Registered Posts: 25 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I sat BTX on the 13th December and have had my results through today (22/01/13) - Competent :thumbup::thumbup:
  • Jetina
    Options
    Congrats Bongo!
  • dsavickij
    dsavickij Registered Posts: 37 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Took an exam on the 19th of december so results must be close by now
  • Sulew17
    Options
    Well done Bongo!