How do you get that first job?
Hi I am 40, not that it should matter but hey, I have completed level3 yet despite having been a project manager in industry and a retail manager I can not get a first job as all the vacancies have a caviat of, "finance office experience - essential." I have written to all the local accounting firms and offered my services for free in return for some office experience. A few came back and complimented my CV but in essence there is nothing there. Can anyone help with ideas how to get an entry level position to start building up experience such that I can then progress to level4. I am in a catch 22 now. No experience so can not get job, can not get job without experience and to cap it all I am also unemployed now so do not have the money to continue level4 even though I have time to study it. Many thanks to anyone who can help.
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 234 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 133 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 7 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 31 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 55 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 272 VAT
- 91 Software
- 272 Tax
- 135 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 201 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 586 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 47 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership