Financial performance - private tutors/willing helpers

Options
redsunflower25
redsunflower25 Registered Posts: 38 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi all

I have this exam left, I've failed 3 times now and wondering if anyone knows of any tutors in the Sussex area or if anyone is willing to help me get through it?

I get bits of it then loose it again, basically I cant see how it all fits together, I think I need someone to sit down and go through it with me. I've tried at my college and they were no help, I'm getting really down about it and don't know what to do. I don't really want to keep throwing money at this exam if I'm getting no where.

I've looked at Kaplan and redoing whole module but this is a lot of money if I fail again.

Can someone recommend something please? How have others got through it? It doesn't help I have a mental block now too. I am struggling too as I work full time to find any time to study successfully.

Sorry for ramblings, I'm just so lost and desperate to finish this blooming course!! :001_unsure:

Comments

• guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    This exam is really tough, I used the BPP book, and the Osborne one, and frequently hit a wall with it all. I found the variances really difficult to learn, and taught myself a routine to rememember them, which I could then write down in the exam to follow. I will try and find this if it helps? I am also in Sussex, I will ask around and pm you if I can find anyone. Do you want to pm me with your area?
    Have you done Financial Statements or Budgeting yet? There is some shared syllabus, and it does fall into place better if you have done them first.
    Good luck,
    GP
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Where abouts in West Sussex?
    Could you get to Arundel?
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • redsunflower25
    Options
    Where abouts in West Sussex?
    Could you get to Arundel?

Brighton area, but could get to Arundel easily
  • redsunflower25
    Options
    This exam is really tough, I used the BPP book, and the Osborne one, and frequently hit a wall with it all. I found the variances really difficult to learn, and taught myself a routine to rememember them, which I could then write down in the exam to follow. I will try and find this if it helps? I am also in Sussex, I will ask around and pm you if I can find anyone. Do you want to pm me with your area?
    Have you done Financial Statements or Budgeting yet? There is some shared syllabus, and it does fall into place better if you have done them first.
    Good luck,
    GP

I've finished everything except this last exam, somehow passed budgeting fine :huh:

I've tried the variances with different formulas I've seen posted here, (cant remember them now as I've had a break, doesn't bode well already though!) Mentally I've shut down for this module and having failed so much (and on level 3 with costings) I've no confidence left now.

Helps to know I'm not alone though.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Dear redsunflower25

If you email me, we can see whether the times you have available and my times would make tuition possible.

Yours

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • redsunflower25
    Options
    Dear redsunflower25

If you email me, we can see whether the times you have available and my times would make tuition possible.

Yours

Sandy

Emailed '@chichester' address but got out of office reply, should I pm instead? thanks
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    Hi Redsunflower,
    Have you had feedback forms from the exams? if you could get these, they would help identify the areas that you need to concentrate more on. Also, keep practising on the past papers and greenlight on here, again, they will identify areas for revision. Do you find the written questions challenging? many do, weirdly I was ok at those, but really struggled with the variances!
    If you are stuck on the variances, send me a pm, and I will send my notes if that helps.
    Just try and re-focus, think about how well you have done to get so far, and how wonderful it will feel when you finally qualify.
    Good luck,
    GP
  • redsunflower25
    Options
    Hi Redsunflower,
    Have you had feedback forms from the exams? if you could get these, they would help identify the areas that you need to concentrate more on. Also, keep practising on the past papers and greenlight on here, again, they will identify areas for revision. Do you find the written questions challenging? many do, weirdly I was ok at those, but really struggled with the variances!
    If you are stuck on the variances, send me a pm, and I will send my notes if that helps.
    Just try and re-focus, think about how well you have done to get so far, and how wonderful it will feel when you finally qualify.
    Good luck,
    GP

Hi Guinea Pig

Yeah I've had the reports, will dig them out, I think I pass and fail different bits each time though, think lack of confidence and home life pressures haven't really helped. Family always say I've done well but I can only see the negative bits, the failures. Boss keeps joking about hypnosis... starting to wonder now though! Know my mind set isn't helping me get through it but am in a vicious circle now

I've arranged a tutorial for Feb so fingers crossed this will get me through it.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    I passed this in a breeze exceeded in 7/10 and met in other 3 tasks,then again when your not working and oodles of time to study i suppose it is a little easier.I only wish my ICAS project was as easy.
    Oh well 2000 words through and my tutor wants it back in just under 2 weeks completed.
  • redsunflower25
    Options
    I passed this in a breeze exceeded in 7/10 and met in other 3 tasks,then again when your not working and oodles of time to study i suppose it is a little easier.I only wish my ICAS project was as easy.
    Oh well 2000 words through and my tutor wants it back in just under 2 weeks completed.

I'm sure you will get there, got through mine OK but working in practice probably helped, find its easier learning by doing rather than studying alone. Only 142 words a day!
Privacy Policy