Completely overwhelmed with ICAS

Options
2ยป

Comments

• Stashy
    Stashy Registered Posts: 32 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Cheers Neil

At least you've done 99% of the work now having put in a couple of drafts.

Good luck!
  • Whirlwind
    Whirlwind Registered Posts: 249 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Fantastic news - Stashy!!

Keep up the good work Spamkebab!!
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I'll agree that i have done 99% of something, not sure it is even along the same lines as what the assessor expects lol.

Neil.
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    My first draft is due for upload in a weeks time,although i can take longer if i wanted too.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    My first draft due by 17th Feb, thought that was the deadline, can you take longer if necessary ?:confused1:
  • omega man
    Options
    Janwal-My absolute deadline is 20th March,it is just my tutor has asked me to upload by around 6th Feb,not sure why all that is.My case study was not uploaded until 20 Nov and you have 4 months for 1st submission.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Have just been in today and asked and if I don't upload 1st submission by Feb 17th I fail, also need to pay ยฃ40 before they will mark it :(
  • omega man
    Options
    Janwal-When you go to learn plus it should tell you when your case study was loaded and when your first submission is due.
    I paid ยฃ251 for module so all mine is paid for unless i am deemed not competent,then i have to pay for another case study of ยฃ40 too i think.
    Spamkebab- Are you planning on doing ACCA after AAT,because if you are i believe i have some bad news for you.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    What's the news Omega?
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    spill the beans then :)
  • omega man
    Options
    Spamkebab- Bringer of bad news.I have found out something about taking the ACCA route that may not be allowed.
    If you are self -employed the ACCA will not allow you to study the ACCA at all,this is anyone who is self-employed i think as i believe you are spamkebab.Most people have MIP's in mind.
    You can check by looking at the further studies on this site and looking at the threads.
    CIMA do not bar you but they do not like you being self-employed either,from what i can gather.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Self employed in any industry?

from what i understand, ACCA have a 'Regulation 8' which limits a students activities:

Such service may be provided by the ACCA student acting in a self-employed capacity, or as an employee. Basic book-keeping services are defined as:

(i) The recording of basic accounting data up to and including the preparation of accounting records to trial balance stage

(aa) bank accounts
    (bb) cash
    (cc) sales ledger and purchase ledger

(ii) Payroll

(aa) wages
    (bb) PAYE, National Insurance deductions

(iii) VAT or its equivalent.

I don't even work in the bookkeeping/accounts industry as yet so i will not be breaking any rules lol.

Neil
  • omega man
    Options
    I saw that you can only do basic book-keeping up until trial balance only.I will probably do ATT to start off with, if any anyhow.Got to pass AAT first.My case study is nearly finished for first upload,just got my appendices and CBA to do,then the mapping last of all.
  • omega man
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how i add boxes to a structure chart in powerpoint.It is 18 months since i used powerpoint.
    First bit of help i have asked for, i am nearly ready for my first upload.
  • omega man
    Options
    Panic over i worked it out via microsoft help menu.
    Just Cost benefit analysis and mapping left then first upload,getting there!!!
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Nice job Omega.

It is taking my assessor approx. 2 weeks to mark each upload.

This unit could take me months and months.
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Nice job Omega.

It is taking my assessor approx. 2 weeks to mark each upload.

This unit could take me months and months.
  • omega man
    Options
    Spamkebab- you have 6 months from first upload.
    I think the tutors take 2 weeks plus any bank hols,so it is important to make the deadlines they set us,like my first one she wants for Feb 6th.
    Btw are there any document surprises for me to upload as we are both doing case study as distance learners?
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Hi omega

I had to upload my draft, plan, mapping document and the date sheet thingy that you received when your plan was ok'd

HTH

Neil.

P.S sorry for the double post, aint got a scooby how that happened.
  • Stashy
    Options
    Good luck Omega

It took my assessor 3 weeks to to assess my first draft, I did have 5000 words though! I think I had about 13 files to upload including the report, plan, all appendices, title page, email from assessor that states plan is acceptable, mapping docs, deadline page and witness stataement.

They're really tight on grammar, spelling and writing in the 3rd person, they'll send it back for any small errors on that front, took me ages to go through it with a fine tooth comb to more words like isn't, can't, won't etc that comes naturally to writing!

Feels good to get it in though! :001_smile:
  • omega man
    Options
    Stashy-How do you know it will be sent back as i thought yours went through first time
  • Stashy
    Options
    My tutor told me on my ICAS day at college. She said the assessors could be very picky if the so called simple things aren't done correctly. I thought my assessor was very nice though, I had from the 10th of December to 10th January to write the first draft but she said I could have longer if need be due to the Christmas period.

I'm sure if the errors are minor you'll just be requested to change them and email it back instead of uploading again.
  • omega man
    Options
    Done cost benefit analysis,my was that a hard job.Now time for the mapping document,hopefully this not too bad as i started off my report by tracking the mapping where possible,going off on a tangent afterwards.
Privacy Policy