Advice

Options
Beryl30
Beryl30 Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Although I am a regular reader of the forum, this is my first post …… so please be gentle with me lol.

I have been working in the Financial Services sector for the past seven years and have recently started my ACCA. I have my MAAT and I am currently working as an assistant management accountant. I am happy in my current position but feel that I need to gain experience elsewhere to help me progress.

I am looking for a part time voluntary position, to help me gain some practical experience in self-employment and small business accounts. I am willing to work of an evening and happy to work at the weekend, so I am fairly flexible.

Does anyone know how I can go about this or better still, lead me in the right direction?

Any advice/comments are much appreciated.

Comments

• burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    Options
    here is one place - although where are you based?

Another is to write to local accountants.

There is also this website but its mostly charities http://www.do-it.org.uk/
    Regards,

Burg
  • Beryl30
    Options
    That's great thank you Ian, I work in the City.
  • reader
    reader Registered Posts: 1,037 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Beryl30 wrote: »
    That's great thank you Ian, I work in the City.

Hi

Type your town or post code into the following website:

http://find.icaew.com/

to get a list of all the chartered firms of accountants in your area and start e-mailing out your CV and requirements. It is a numbers game to be honest, the more you apply to the more chance you have of getting the experience you want.

It might be sensible to start e-mailing from 2nd week of February onwards (as in January practice accountants are busy with tax returns and during the 1st week of February they are recovering).

Hope that helps
  • Beryl30
    Options
    Good morning……….

Thank you so much- I think this would be the best approach for me to take.
    I have a list of practices I will contact (from the link you provided) in mid-Feb, fingers crossed something comes up soon.

Have a great weekend!
    Thanks again!
Privacy Policy