PEAF......cant fit it all in my brain!

Ok so has anyone recently done PEAF?

Are there things I don't actually need to remember and things I do cos I am getting myself in such a muddle trying to remember initials and dates of things incase I get asked them.
Anyone failed it? If so what on?

Thanks!

Comments

• liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    I can answer you this as I just only sat it yesterday. There was 18 questions and every one was about a different thing so the scope of it was quite wide (I had questions about risk, accountancy bodies in UK and their functions, Bribery Act, money laundering, no dates for any legislations though) I don't want to scare you but a few questions I had to completely guess as my book didn't cover them or they were worded differently. I was very surprised to find out I passed but I think I only just scrapped the pass. You just have to read the book carefully and when you start doing green lights and practice assesments it will all start sinking in. It's not that bad really although it looks like there is a lot, some of it it's just common sense.
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    I know alot of it is common sense, we all know sometimes that can go out the window!
    When you say bodies and the fuctions do you mean like a summary of what they do like ICAS is Scotland and all that jazz?
    Its my last level 3 exam and I have just moved it forward to see if I can do it before my holiday now I am worried but I have two weeks now so fingers crossed.
    Thanks for replying and well done! :thumbup1:
  • liveprincess
    sorry maybe they are not accounting bodies all these things like ASB, POB, FRC, FRRP, IFAC - you get the description of what their functions are and you need to identify which one is being described. It took me 3 weeks to learn and revise to this exam, but I work full time, so only study few hours in the evening. I wouldn't say a lot of it is common sense, you need to have some knowledge to figure out the answers. Good luck
  • Petana
    Petana Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    I am having troubles remembering all the bodies and what they do too. I have never heard of them in real life.
  • Clarekaye
    I spent all weekend on it and yep see what you mean about the bodies :crying: who the main one is and the ones below it and which ones are not part of CCAB eeeek still have about 10 hrs on it this week so fingers crossed!
    Petana whens your exam?
  • Petana
    I tried a mock exam and was ok with most of it, but can't get the bodies right.. need to go over it again. Was hoping for exam next week but it's full so had to book for 21st March. I know, lots of time till then but want to get this done in my head and move on to spreadsheets and cost and revenues. When is your exam?
  • Clarekaye
    I just keep writing them down and going over it hoping it will sink in.

It was 19th but I moved it forward as thats quite a while away and I want to complete the level before my holiday in March so its early next week eeek!
    Plus hopefully gives me time to take it again if I fail but should not think like that :cool2:
  • Petana
    Good luck for next week :thumbup1: To pass, you only need 70 % so if you are ok with everything else, you can still pass easily. I am sure you will be ok. Let me know how it went.
  • Clarekaye
    Can anyone please clarify or point me in the direction....
    I was going a AAT Greenlight last night and I picked CIMA as being part of CCAB and it was wrong- apparently it withdrew from it in 2011.
    Does that mean its still a sponsor of AAT or neither now?
  • liveprincess
    Hi yes that's right CIMA withdrew from CCAB but is still a sponsor of AAT. ACCA is the opposite - not a sponsor of AAT but member of CCAB http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Accounting_Technicians
  • Clarekaye
    Sorry can anyone help on this stupid question.....CPD, should be done once or twice a year? Doing AAT greenlight and it says once a year but in most of my books etc it says twice a year?
    Is one a rule and one a 'should' rather than a 'have to'
    I would hate to lose precious points on something so silly.
  • Petana
    Hiya, I had to look this up as well as Greenlight has confused me too :001_unsure:

The BPP material says:
    It is a condition of AAT memebership that all AAT full and fellow members complay with AAT's CPD policy and complete a four-step CPD cycle at least once in 12 month period ( twice for members in practice).

Hope this helps.
  • Clarekaye
    Glad its not just me hehe.
    Oh god I am excited & so nervous about tomorrow its my last exam and the last 6 I have passed first time, no pressure *much*!!!!
  • liveprincess
    Good luck! let us know how you got on
  • Clarekaye
    I passed,
    I am not kidding I was reading through the questions and I went over it twice and felt kinda confident when I clicked the finish button.
    Got the competent slip and the other slip and there are loads of met & did not meet on there, how the heck did I pass and where the heck did I go wrong.....One of them was about confidentiality whens it ok to pass on information and I answered false to all that you shouldnt pass on info and I 'did not meet' :crying:
    I should be pleased I passed, maybe it hasnt sunk in yet but I am genuinely gutted I did not pass with flying colours.
    Thanks for all your help peeps xx
  • liveprincess
    I had Did Not Meet on my CPD question and to this day I don't know how. I think there was a chance I didn't read the question ultra-carefully as sometimes one word can change the meaning of it completely.
    Congratulations on passing anyway, pass is a pass. Will you be starting level 4 now? My books for level 4 are in just waiting for me to dive into them:)
  • Petana
    Congrats for passing :thumbup: And good luck for Level 4. I have still a lot to do before I join you over there :001_rolleyes:
Privacy Policy