People's thoughts on VAT exam

Options
chezr90
chezr90 Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
I've just done the VAT exam on level 3 today and unfortunately, I failed, but the exam was very different to the layout from the practice exams twisting and turning, has anyone else found this?
There always seems to be a freak exam within our class-I guess it was my turn this time

Just wondered how others have found the exam :)

Comments

• omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    In this exam more than 50% of the entire exam mark goes on the VAT return,so make sure you have that right.The main mistake here is to have the pence showing from box 6-9.You should have the pence showing in the upper boxes and 00 in the lower boxes for pence.
  • Petana
    Petana Registered Posts: 72 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Sorry to hear you failed it.

I found the exam a bit harder than the mock exams so used the reference material to double check my answers. The layout seemed similar to the one on AAT website.

Better luck for next time.
  • chezr90
    chezr90 Registered Posts: 22 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    the layout seemed completely different to the mock exams Petana, but the return was still the same- I failed on section1 really....best get my head in the book for next time! Thanks to you all
  • Petana
    Options
    Mind you, I did the "old" exam with reference material for 2012 exams as we had a choice when booking the exam. Did you do exam using 2013 ref materials? The layouts may differ. Good luck
  • kkedra
    kkedra Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Petana,
    i passed this exam yesterday. I found it very easy, was done in 25 minutes. I practised a lot with aat mock exams and done lots of exercised in revision book. The good thing is you dont have to learn all vat rules by heart as you can look at the reference material during your exam - i used it few times! I found it very similar to the one on aat webiste.
    if you have any questions let me know!
  • Petana
    Options
    kkedra wrote: Β»
    Hi Petana,
    i passed this exam yesterday. I found it very easy, was done in 25 minutes. I practised a lot with aat mock exams and done lots of exercised in revision book. The good thing is you dont have to learn all vat rules by heart as you can look at the reference material during your exam - i used it few times! I found it very similar to the one on aat webiste.
    if you have any questions let me know!

Congrats on passing. I passed it two weeks ago.

It was chezr90 who raised this topic :-)
  • kkedra
    kkedra Registered Posts: 11 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    haha, yes that's right! i'm sorry Petana! congrats on passing as well :)

Chezr90! good luck on ITX exam! Fingers crossed!
  • imtiaz
    imtiaz Registered Posts: 20 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I was pleasantly surprised with this exam, I found I had more than enough time. Do not under estimate the reference material provided during the examination would be my advice to you. It definitly made me more confident during the exam about a considerable number of answers I chose/calculated.
    Good luck Chezr90
Privacy Policy