Credit management and debt control exam

Options
carriecusick
carriecusick Registered Posts: 35 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi

I have my credit management and debt control exam on tuesday, i have looked at the practice exams on aat and they ask you to write reports etc? I thought that it was a cbt, am i wrong?

Thanks
Carrie

Comments

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I think all level 4 exams have some aspect of written section to them, this is why it can take up to 6 weeks to have your exam marked (hand marked by assessor)

I sat Business Tax, this was the only exam i had without a 'written' section, although it did have a lengthy 'written' calculation section.

Neil.
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Both task 2.3 and task 2.5 are written tasks.

My classes have their exam in 6 weeks, they already know this and have been doing exercises to prepare themselves, and have had them marked.

If you have only just found out about this aspect of the exam, you might consider Tuesday of next week as too soon to sit the exam.

Incidentally, as judgement and justification is critical to these written answers, practice is very important. It is quite possible to produce answers which meet the "Exceeeded" mark requirement which are very different any model answers. This is a subject to study beyond merely learning about it. You need to understand credit contriol to the extent that you can apply your knowledge to a scenario presented in the exam and make suitable recommendations.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • carriecusick
    Options
    I am very confused as there is nothing in my books to suggest having to write reports other than the practice exams.

one of the practice exams i have states on the front : 'the AAT practice assesment includes ONLY section one as it is taken from the pratice assesments before September 2012 when only section one was assesed by computer based assesment.' can sombody please clarify! I also have booked the exam as i would have done for other CBTs and not had to pay additional for it to be marked by an assesor?

I am panicing majorly!
  • Stashy
    Stashy Registered Posts: 32 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Mine is on Tuesday as well. Doing mine with Kaplan, I've had study days this week of Tuesday and Thursday and exam on Tuesday, whole week to learn it all. Not much really.

It was explained that the exam is broken down into two papers - Paper 1 is a 27 question multiple choice paper which I believe is marked immediately. The second paper is 2 hours and was called a mini project where we have to analyse company accounts and based on performance indicators decide whether the company should be given credit, write letters and give recommendations. There's also a section on debt management where we have to review 15 odd customers based on an aged debtor analysis and make recommendations on their situations.

This is obviously very brief if you're unsure of what the paper entails I think this pretty much covers it.

FWIW I think this is a pretty tough one and not looking forward to the exam, tougher than PTX if you ask me!:ohmy:

Good luck though! :001_smile:
  • carriecusick
    Options
    Okay, thats fine il just have to work extra hard this weekend. i am still confused as to why it says in my books that before sept 2012 only section one was assesed by CBT.Surely this suggests that now both sections are assesed by CBT? I'm confident il be okay because i have done my revision and it can't be to hard to learn the formats of the letters etc they want. But still i am soo confused!!!

Can any one else shed any light?

Good luck too!
  • Stashy
    Options
    There are 2 papers, are you only doing paper 1?
  • carriecusick
    Options
    Not that I'm aware of!! :001_unsure: i am the first person to sit this exam at this centre, i have asked them and they don't know either.
  • Stashy
    Options
    Maybe you can ask them how long the exam is, if it's 3 hours you know it's both, if it's 1 hour its the first paper only.
  • Chelle
    Chelle Registered Posts: 163 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Stashy wrote: Β»
    Mine is on Tuesday as well. Doing mine with Kaplan, I've had study days this week of Tuesday and Thursday and exam on Tuesday, whole week to learn it all. Not much really.

It was explained that the exam is broken down into two papers - Paper 1 is a 27 question multiple choice paper which I believe is marked immediately. The second paper is 2 hours and was called a mini project where we have to analyse company accounts and based on performance indicators decide whether the company should be given credit, write letters and give recommendations. There's also a section on debt management where we have to review 15 odd customers based on an aged debtor analysis and make recommendations on their situations.

This is obviously very brief if you're unsure of what the paper entails I think this pretty much covers it.

FWIW I think this is a pretty tough one and not looking forward to the exam, tougher than PTX if you ask me!:ohmy:

Good luck though! :001_smile:

Hi Stashy

I sat Credit Management Dec 11 and passed it first time, this is the only exam I have been able to do so with so trust me it's not harder that PTX!!

I think that they have made the exam into one paper now, not the 2 parts like it was when I sat it?

Part 1 was computer marked and you got the results pretty much straight away, part 2 was sat seperately and was marked by the assessor (it was my college tutor) so only took a couple of weeks to get the result (as it was Christmas as well).

With the report writing, there will be a scenario and you will just need to write about what they are asking for from that scenario.

Good luck.
  • carriecusick
    Options
    So i just sat this exam, think it went okay fingers crossed. When do you get the results?
  • Stashy
    Options
    Not happy about this exam, did 4 mock exams over the weekend and the exam was nothing like them. If I pass it it's because I scraped it. Don't feel confident, annoying as this is my last one to do as well. Only 6 weeks to wait now, going to be a loooooooong time!
  • carriecusick
    Options
    I agree! the exam was pretty different to the mocks. There was one multiple choice question that i swear had an error in it as it asked for the odd one out and there wasn't an odd one. I even checked my books when i left!! We'l just have to wait and see. Atleast it was your last one. I have personal tax next...!! Good luck! hope we did okay .
    :001_smile: :001_smile: :001_smile:
  • Stashy
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought there were errors, I thought I was going mad, I even got the exam invigilator over to query one question. [edit]Drove me mad! :huh:

Ah well it's done now. I'm sure I read that we get the first papers result back asap as it is all multiple choice but the college didn’t have any idea, be handy of someone who has taken the two CRMC exams if they receive the results at different times.

Don’t worry about personal tax, I did that in December and even though there’s a lot more to learn I actually thought it was easier and more enjoyable! Maybe it’s just me! :001_smile:
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    you're not allowed to talk about questions in live assessments on here or Steward will delete this thread
  • Stashy
    Options
    no probs, edited :001_smile:
  • Chimpette22
    Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I thought it was just 1 exam, like the rest of the cba..?

Am I wrong... part 1 and part 2 in the same sitting.. and I can only see 1 mock exam on the AAT website.
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015
  • Stashy
    Options
    Having had a look around it seems they changed it in September from two papers to 1 paper now. I was geting misinformation from my CRMC tutor. This would mean that the overall result would be in 6 weeks.
  • Golebatax123
    Golebatax123 Registered Posts: 54
    Options
    Hello And

Any past papers for credit control AQ2013.
  • Mike Webster
    Mike Webster Registered, Tutor Posts: 203 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    AAT Study Support, Kaplan Publishing, Osborne Books and BPP all have practice papers. You may need to part with some cash for the publisher materials.
    Michael JH Webster AATQB FMAAT
  • Golebatax123
    Golebatax123 Registered Posts: 54
    Options
    im finding diffiulties in task 5 and 7 please help :'(
Privacy Policy