Treasurer vacancy at CommuniSave

Options
Jim McDonald
Jim McDonald Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
Hello

CommuniSave is looking for a person with reasonable skill and experience in accountancy to take on the role of Treasurer and join our Board of Directors.

Our current Treasurer has been planning to step down for some time but is hanging on, pending a replacement. I recently approached AAT to see if they could assist, and they suggested I post in these forums.

The role of Treasurer is voluntary and therefore an unpaid one, although some expenses may be claimable. It is a role that only requires the equivalent of a few days a month, most of which can be done remotely. The ability to attend the monthly Board meetings in person is necessary and we would expect you to spend at least some time on site each month in the execution of your duties. There are CPD implications however and a chance to help the community.

As a Board Director you would be making a general Governance/oversight contribution along with the ten other Directors, but specific areas of contribution include:
  • Strategic & Business Planning
  • Financial Management & Accounting
  • Investments
  • Member of the Finance & Sub-Committee

CommuniSave, as with all Credit Unions, are authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. We are a Not-For-Profit, are owned by our membership and are based in South Birmingham, UK. We cover those living and/or working in South Birmingham & North Worcestershire area.

CommuniSave provides a range of services to support the financial inclusion of local people. In particular these include the facility to both save and borrow responsibly together with a payroll service and landlord scheme. We have ambitious growth and modernisation plans and currently have 2,264 adult & 746 junior members, with £1.05M in deposits and £686K in loans currently issued.

If this is something you believe you can contribute to then please contact me. Further details are available.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Yours

Jim.

Jim McDonald
Director, South Birmingham Community Credit Union Ltd (trading as CommuniSave)

Comments

• jasec
    jasec Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Jim,

I am MAAT and live in south Birmingham very near to your office in cotteridge. Please send me a personal message on here with contact details and I will be in touch as soon as possible.

Regards.

Jason
  • Jim McDonald
    Jim McDonald Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Jason

PM sent.

Thanks

Jim.
Privacy Policy