Financial performance today!!!

Jade95
Jade95 Registered Posts: 50 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
:001_unsure:

I am just looking over some things and on teh formula

ROCE operating profit / capital employed x 100

Where/what is the capital employed?

Probably a silly question but totally lost it in my mind :lol:

Also in which question are you likely to use the control ratios, as i cant remember when i have had to use them?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hade

Comments

• Clintm15
    Clintm15 Registered Posts: 248 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Hi Jade,

Capital employed can be defined as:

Non-current assets + Net current assets (current assets - current liabilities)

The purpose of this is to provide a metric that can be used to measure how effectively a company can generate returns on it's assets.
    AAT
    Level 2 - 2011
    Level 3 - 2012
    Level 4 - 2013

ACCA
    F4 - Corporate Law - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F5 - Performance Management - Dec 2014 (passed)
    F6 - Taxation - Dec 2013 (passed)
    F7 - Financial Reporting - Jun 2014 (passed)
    F8 - Audit & Assurance - Dec 2015 (passed)
    F9 - Financial Management - Jun 2015 (passed)
  • Jade95
    Thankyou for that thats the only thing that escaped my mind. Not long left now :/:)

Jade
  • Darryl1993
    Darryl1993 Registered Posts: 12 Regular contributor โญ
    Hope it went well!

I sat the dreaded financial statements yesterday so hopefully we dont have the full six week wait to be put out of our misery!
    Level 3 - Passed June 2012
    Level 4 - Passed March 2015
    MAAT - March 2015 :D
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Hope it went well!

I sat the dreaded financial statements yesterday so hopefully we dont have the full six week wait to be put out of our misery!

How did you find the exam, I sat mine on 17th Jan and waiting results is killing me
  • Jade95
    I think this one went really well can't wait for the results :/
  • Darryl1993
    Found it awful! was very hard so not holding out much hope, what about you?
  • janwal
    Found it awful! was very hard so not holding out much hope, what about you?

I'm not hopeful either, would have liked to say it was ok, the written for me was easier then the calculations as I got a Cash flow statement the only one I wasn't sure about (typical).

Would like to at least pass 1 level 4 as need to resit Budgeting and now doing FNP and not hopeful :001_unsure:
  • Darryl1993
    I found the written questions easier than the numerical ones too!

You should be okay with budgeting you must of just got a really hard paper first time round! Good luck!
  • janwal
    It was mainly the written that let me down on that one so with some more under my belt hopefully I can get it next time, don't think the resit will be til June as got to wait for college
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Janwal- When i was at college they had monthly re-take days.You will get through budgeting and financial performance eventually,luckily i passed both first time.I took PTX 29th Jan but i am not too hopeful and i have BTX Feb 20th and plan on doing financial statements in March,uploaded my first draft on ICAS but i know there are errors in there.
  • janwal
    Omega man - Our college have put a retake date on as the 9th April but as I am doing year end at work and have Credit Management on the following week and FNP the week after I will give that one a miss. We have been told retake dates are limited and June will probably be the next one as they only have 2 computer rooms and can't always get invidulators (to be honest they are useless) in 6 lessons of FNP we have had three different tutors and we told the last one she was taking us after half term she said it was news to her.

My ICAS first draft is due on the 17th of this month and have only managed 2000 words, got recommendations and cash benefit to do. Oh well will crack on!!
  • omega man
    Janwal- Cost benefit is part of your appendices and not part of your word count according to my tutor.I have managed 4200+ words and i was worried about the word count too.You will be fine i am sure,i have got a friend to proof read mine for my 2nd draft for grammar and punctuation and see if it reads right.A good old week of editing when it comes back i am sure.
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    My word count is touching 4500 words, that is after i have removed a couple of paragraphs that were relevant but not used in the mapping doc.

Assessor says there is a certain amount of leeway with the word count. I think as long as you fulfill the mapping requirements and you don't go over the word count by a crazy amount then it's all good.

Received my 2 draft after marking on Wednesday and it took me about an hour to make corrections so fingers crossed my 3rd draft will go through.

I think the problem with ICAS is at first you think you will struggle to write 4000 words, this is easily done by writing short paragraphs throughout the report and filling your recommendations with with one sentence, each detailing the weakness, the recommendation, the cost and the financial and other benefits to the company.

Neil.
  • omega man
    Spamkebab sounds like you have virtually cracked it.If you and whirlwind can do it then anyone can.I feel like a whole weight has been lifted off my shoulders after i uploaded it,although i made a pigs ear of the uploads.
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I think i am nearly there Omega, i went to upload what should be my 3rd and final draft only to find my assessor has gone on holiday now lol.
    I thought i may have a chance at having it marked a little quicker as there are only a few alterations.

Neil.
  • omega man
    I think it is worth pointing out,that everyone needs to be careful about talking about live assessments as this breaks the forums rules and undermines the exams themselves.
Privacy Policy