Just completed level 3...

Options
Hello, I just completed level 3 this week and am debating when/if to start level 4.
Did you take a break, if so how long and do you regret taking break?
How long did it take you (I study about 10-15 hrs a week)
Would you advise not to do level 4

Comments

• janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi Clare

Well done on passing level 3.

The only break I took was the summer holidays as doing it at college.

I am not going to stay yes or no but I have found it a very big step up from level 3 and have to admit I am struggling but everyone is different and I feel I've come this far so I want to do it

How did you find level 3 ?

Good luck in whatever you decide :)
  • Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Options
    I am happy with the mix of life/work/study I was doing which makes me think stick with it and to get back in it very soon, as for the difficulty well yes I found it tough, but if we found it easy we wouldnt do it would we?
    How do you cope with the 6 week wait for results do you just go to the next section and hope you dont have to go back?
  • Stashy
    Stashy Registered Posts: 32 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I had a ten year break! Regret it big time...!:001_smile:
  • Clarekaye
    Options
    Wow yeah I was thinking either less than 6 months break or couple of yrs if there were kids on the cards but other half is happy to wait another 2 years :blushing:

Think I will wait till next week and just go for it. I can but try!
  • Stashy
    Stashy Registered Posts: 32 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    You've gone this far you may as well see it through to the end. To be honest I had no choice at the time, changed jobs and refused funding. If you can do it then do it I reckon.
  • janwal
    Options
    The 6 week wait is a pain but as you say you just have to get on with the next one and the three main ones all seem to over lap so your learning all the time.

Let us know which one you go for first :)
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hello, I just completed level 3 this week and am debating when/if to start level 4.
    Did you take a break, if so how long and do you regret taking break?
    How long did it take you (I study about 10-15 hrs a week)
    Would you advise not to do level 4

Definitely go for it! You can always ask for help/support here if you need to. If you start and then decide it isn't for you, you could stop, but give it a go... you may live to regret it if you don't at least try! :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • guinea pig
    guinea pig Registered Posts: 402 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    I agree with Jo Clark, GO FOR IT! will it be via college or self-study? if the latter, then you can set your own pace, and be flexible with timing when it suits you, although there may be time limitations with some of the exams e.g. the tax modules, where you must be sure that you are covering the syllabus for the appropriate tax year.
    I probably hold the record for a break in studying - 27 years! I did the first year, then had a break for family reasons, and did not get back into finance work until more recently, and had to start at level 2 again. I always regretted giving up, so was determined to complete this time, which I did last summer.
    Good luck
    GP
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congratulations on passing Level 3! I echo the sentiments of the posters above and recommend that you crack on with Level 4 when you're ready to. It would be a shame for all of your hard work to go to waste as you've come so far already.

Perhaps you could ease yourself into Level 4 gently, by starting with BGT (which I, along with some others) consider to be the 'easiest' module. From there, FNPF, though harder, would be a natural progression as the two modules inter-link somewhat.

As for taking a break, I started the AAT Diploma back in 2005 and regret taking so much time over it. Knowing that I only have two more exams to take is a great motivator.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!
  • omega man
    omega man Registered Posts: 283
    Options
    That sounds like superfast marking for FNPF that you took in Jan.
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    It was just under 6 weeks, I think. Took FNPF on December 20th and was marked as competent at the very end of January.
  • Clarekaye
    Options
    Thanks all, I will be going onto level 4 in a week or so ready for when I get back from my holiday in March.
    I study through Eagle and dont know what order they do them in as I havent signed up to it yet I think its the biggest 2 first if that helps?
    :thumbup1:
  • liveprincess
    liveprincess Registered Posts: 214 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Hi I have just started level 4 and from other people's posts on here I noticed many do Budgeting first followed by Financial Performance. So I'm doing it that way as well. With the rest I haven't decided just yet. I think I will do the tax units next (I chose them as my optional two units) and leave financial statements to the last.

Enjoy your holidays. I wish I was getting a break too. My brain is not taking a lot of this in at the moment :/
  • Chimpette22
    Chimpette22 Registered Posts: 75 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Congratulations on passing level 3.

I decided to crack straight onto level 4 as I'm a home studier. That was in July and by Oct my fires were burnt so I had off until February. I've now started back studying and I have 3 exams and the project left.

I'm hoping to be done by August... fingers crossed :001_smile:
    Fully AAT qualified July 2015
  • Clarekaye
    Options
    Wowser got some of the books through and I am starting on the biggest...Financial Statements. Opened it last night and could have cried!

Cant get bummed out at the start so will plough on no doubt there will be some *help me* posts coming very soon :laugh:
  • janwal
    Options
    Hi Clare,

I sat the exam for FNST 4 weeks ago, there is a lot to remember. Search on the old threads on here as there were som really helpful ones and especially by Steve Collings

Good luck

Jan
Privacy Policy