AAT careers event

Options
Ben Saffell
Ben Saffell Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
Following the success of our London event, we are holding careers events in Birmingham and Leeds.

Whether you're looking for your dream job, striving for a promotion or considering being your own boss, these events will give you the skills and advice you need. The interactive sessions will cover how to use of social media and guidance on CV writing and interview techniques. Find out more and book online now

Ben Saffell, AAT Membership Services team

Comments

• mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hi Ben,

I'm going to my first event in Birmingham on sat.

Can I take a stack of CVs with me? Will there be someone there who can advise on improvements to my CV? Do I wear jeans or a suit?! I've never been to one before, but am looking forward to it, and for a chance to network.
  • Ben Saffell
    Ben Saffell Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hello,

I would definitely bring at least one copy of your CV - the session on CV tips will have a lot of information on how to make the most of your CV - it would be a good idea to have a copy with you so you can make notes and amendments. There will also be a chance to talk to some recruitment agents during the networking time. It may be best to bring a few copies - it's always good to have some spare with you to hand out.

In terms of dress code: there is no dress code however as it is a professional event with excellent networking opportunities I would recommend dressing professionally.

I hope that helps – let me know if you have any other questions,

Ben Saffell, AAT Membership Services team
  • mrb82
    mrb82 Registered Posts: 147 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    That's great, thanks Ben!
  • angmc
    angmc Registered Posts: 73 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Any chance of coming to Manchester in the near future?
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi angmc,

We're going to assess how these events go and then look at the possibilities of rolling them out other locations. We'll share details of future careers events here in the forums.

Stuart
Privacy Policy