Jobs and Training in Internal Audit

Options
PJ Adams
PJ Adams Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
I work in Local Government and have just passed my AAT course. I would like to work in Internal Audit and was hoping that fellow AAT members who already work in this area could give me some guidance as to how I could break into this profession. I am currently working in a non-finance role, but unfortunately will have £5,000 cut from my salary, hence the need for a career change.

Any advice gratefully received!

Patrick Adams

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Patrick

I have worked in Internal Audit (currently working in another post) and got the job by applying whilst studying AAT. You may be interested in researching the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) - http://www.iia.org.uk/ if you are keen to continue studying or to just get some background information.

Out of interest, what makes you interested in working in this area?

Are you looking to work in Internal Audit for the Local Authority or move to another company?

Feel free to reply here or send me a private message.

Good luck.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • PJ Adams
    PJ Adams Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Hi Jo,

I am hoping to become a Local Government internal auditor. I have worked in Local Government for about 15 years and I am considering a career in audit as I think that this could allow me to use my knowledge of the sector in a "poacher turned gamekeeper" way. I should also mention that I've been unimpressed by the internal auditors who have attempted to audit me in the past.

Whilst I'm more than willing to do further studies, I intend to wait until I am actually employed in that sector before embarking on another costly training course.

Thanks for the website.

Kind Regards

Patrick Adams
Privacy Policy