Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion

Overseas Expenses

Kirsty813Kirsty813 Settling In NicelyRegistered Posts: 25

Please can you help?
We have sent an employee to Portland in the US and I am trying to process his expenses.
What Tax code do I use on Sage ??

A really silly question I know but we have been talking about it for ages in the office and we can't agree.

Thanks for your help.


  • acastudentmaatacastudentmaat Settling In Nicely Registered Posts: 16

    In my opinion the expenses incurred in America are outside the scope of VAT. America is not an EC member state so there is no need to disclose the expenses in box 9.

    I would go for T9 Non-vatable.

    If you were importing goods from America the treatment would be different as you would have to pay import tax on the goods which you could then claim back on your VAT returns.
Sign In or Register to comment.