Starting ICAS

Options
billdoor
billdoor Registered Posts: 129 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Hi all

I should be starting ICAS later this month and would appreciate it if anyone can help with a couple of things:

1 - Does it have to be done through a training provider (i.e. purchasing the entire module) or is there any way around that?

2 - Does anywhere offer a route that's quicker than 12 weeks?

3 - After the 12 weeks, do you then have to wait the usual "up to 6 weeks" to find your result?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Hello,

1) Yes, I'm afraid it does need to be done via a training provider. Trust me, if there was a cheaper way, I'd have found it! I felt it was very expensive for the service I got, but it was a means to an end (I did it via distance learning).

2) I was given the paperwork (well only about a third of it as they forgot the rest), and left to get on with it. I hear others talking about weekly lessons, online lectures etc, and building up the project bit by bit with guidance, but I wasn't offered anything like that. I just figured it out for myself, and submitted the first draft after about a week. The most time consuming bit was waiting for the tutors feedback (and then trying to decipher it).

3) This all depends on your tutor and how long they take to mark the project, could be a day, could be a month. When they mark it as competent, they send it to AAT who verify it and update your records. I think this could be in as little as a few days but mine took about 6 weeks (though I suspect that this may have been due to my tutor not sending it in rather than the internal verification taking that long).

I won't publicly name my provider as others seem to have used the same provider with no problems, so suspect I may have just been unlucky.
  • billdoor
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I was hoping to do it quicker as I thought I read on these forums a while back that it doesn't have to take twelve weeks. That's okay though.

Sorry you had such a poor time with your provider - don't suppose you can say if it was BPP? As that's who I intend to do mine with.
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    It wasn't :001_smile:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Sorry you had such a poor time with your provider - don't suppose you can say if it was BPP? As that's who I intend to do mine with.

I completed ICAS with BPP and had no problems - my tutor was very helpful and the IV only took a couple of days.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Still waiting for the IV to mark mine competent one week later, it's killing me lol

Neil.
  • billdoor
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, I'm booked on with BPP for ICAS now. Can't wait!:rolleyes:
Privacy Policy