how to register to AAT without tr.provider

Options
sedindriuke
sedindriuke Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi everyone,
i have started doing level 2 by myself without a provider. Wanna to register as a student in AAT but they ask to write a provider. How to do? To write my nearest tr. provider and later if it changes to notice the AAT?

Also, there are no any tr.providers around Aberdeen so I am still lookin and it is really strange that AAT do not have a full list of training providers... But I will start studying as I get my books and later I hope I will be fine.

Thank you for any advices!

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Hi,

Just put BPP or Kaplan down, it makes no difference. When you know who you are sitting your exams with, just ring up and change it (exam centres cannot upload your exam unless their code is shown on your AAT account). This is how I got round the insistence that I name a training provider (even though I self studied).
  • SarahJS
    SarahJS Registered Posts: 273 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Nps1976 wrote: Β»
    Hi,

Just put BPP or Kaplan down, it makes no difference. When you know who you are sitting your exams with, just ring up and change it (exam centres cannot upload your exam unless their code is shown on your AAT account). This is how I got round the insistence that I name a training provider (even though I self studied).

I'm not quite sure the part about not being able to upload exams is true, I sat exams at BPP and Kaplan whilst having PT down as my provider when I registered. I'm not even sure I changed my provider with AAT when I did ICAS and SPSW with another provider and everything went fine.
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    You may well be right. I queried it with AAT at the time and that is what they told me I had to do. I swapped my exam centres a lot so always rang the night before an exam to change my code. Every person I spoke to on the phone confirmed I needed to do this for the reasons I mentioned above, yet you are not the first on these forums to suggest I needn't have bothered!

I know that when I did my ICAS with one provider, on the day I sat an exam with another, my ICAS tutor couldn't access my project until I swapped my code back (or so she said anyway!)
  • sedindriuke
    Options
    Thank you Nps1976!
  • florisaigau
    florisaigau Registered Posts: 15 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    you can choose whatever you want .It doesn't matter. I'm self studying and I sat my first 2 level 3 exams . I've just booked the exams and sat them.I only needed my AAT membership number.
  • sedindriuke
    Options
    thanks guys. just need to find exam centers in Scotland which accept external students.
  • steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    thanks guys. just need to find exam centers in Scotland which accept external students.

There is a pdf with the complete list accessible when you log on to the AAT website, which you can do after you have paid your membership fee.
    It might be out of date though. My closest center no longer accepted candidates when I contacted them.

Alternatively AAT could email you the pdf. They did when I asked (The 3rd time). I wanted to check there was a center close enough before commencing studying.
Privacy Policy