Can't see P60 - Help!

Options
sjkr
sjkr Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello,

I have just completed a 12-13 payroll year end for a client using the HMRC Basic PAYE tools. The submission has gone through fine, but when I click on the P60, it tries to open in Photo Gallery and says the file type isn't supported.

Does anyone know how to get round this? Surely it should be opening as a PDF in Adobe reader? I don't know how to change it!

Julie :confused1:

Comments

• sloshed
    sloshed Registered Posts: 100 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    sjkr wrote: »
    Hello,

I have just completed a 12-13 payroll year end for a client using the HMRC Basic PAYE tools. The submission has gone through fine, but when I click on the P60, it tries to open in Photo Gallery and says the file type isn't supported.

Does anyone know how to get round this? Surely it should be opening as a PDF in Adobe reader? I don't know how to change it!

Julie :confused1:

Hi Julie

Might be worth looking at what file format it is trying to open in photo gallery. As there are normally options within the operating to associate files to particular programs I.E. you would associate PDF with Adobe and JPEG with Photo Editor. If you need any assistance please do not hesitate to send a PM.

:huh:
  • imeldabye
    imeldabye Registered Posts: 147 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    you need to open it in adobe- .pdf - think if you right click the link it will give you the "open in..." option?
    hope that helps
  • sjkr
    sjkr Registered Posts: 74 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Thanks for the help, got round it by opening it on another computer. I'll have to check the settings on my laptop - something isn't quite right!
Privacy Policy