CTA and ATT

Options
sarah2266
sarah2266 Registered Posts: 49 Epic contributor 🐘
HI

Has anyone done any exams with CTA or ATT? ...which is the higher qualification?
can anyone make any recommendations?
i am trying to decide how to further my qualifications after level 4 and as i am looking
at working for myself doing peoples accounts i am thinking the more i know about tax
the better..

any thoughts welcomed

sarah

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Sarah

I think CTA is the higher qualification as it is for Chartered status, Chartered Tax Adviser. There are a numerous people on this forum who have, are currently or are considering studying ATT/CTA. ATT will be good grounding for you to continue to CTA if you wish to.

You may find this post contains some helpful information http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?36785-Att&p=264344#post264344

Let us know what you decide.

JC
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • sloshed
    sloshed Registered Posts: 100 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi Sarah

I have done the ATT and can confirm that compared to AAT the difference on tax knowledge is vast. Before, I started the ATT I thought that I had reasonable tax knowledge but on receipt of my study pack from Tolleys I realised there is a major difference.

If it helps I am pretty certain I still have stored on my computer a Tolleys Study Manual when I completed the qualification which was a few years ago, so whilst it is not particularly up to date it would give you an idea of what is involved. Please PM me if that would help!

Regards

Brian
Privacy Policy