Correcting error on P35

Options
JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
I've submitted a P35 (via quickbooks) and realised afterwards that I'd not ticked the box to indicate that one of the employees is a director. I understand that if you have made an error with any of the figures on the P35/P14s that you file a return with the difference on it, but how do I correct this error? Do you think I can do it through QBs? should I just write a letter? there's no error with the amount of tax/ni deducted.

Comments

• BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Options
    There's no such box on the P35, P14, or P60 produced by the software I use - Moneysoft. So I guess it doesn't matter.
  • KenS
    KenS Registered Posts: 13 Regular contributor ā­
    Options
    BIG WAL wrote: Ā»
    There's no such box on the P35, P14, or P60 produced by the software I use - Moneysoft. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Sorry, that's wrong. Top left of the P35 Moneysoft marks the Employees names with an asterix if they are Directors.......picked up from the employee information screens.

Not that helps you Jodie, sorry let you down twice in one day!

Ken
  • peaman
    peaman Registered Posts: 123 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    I usually use Sage for payroll, but if I ever need to make amendments I use the HMRC software.

However, I don't think you can use HMRC software to make amendments unless you need to change the NIC or tax liabilities.

I wouldn't bother telling HMRC, the tax & NIC is correct and that's the most important thing.

I have seen numerous P35s submitted with directors not marked as directors and ex directors still marked as directors and nothing has ever come of it!
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor šŸ§™ā€ā™‚ļø
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • BIG WAL
    BIG WAL Registered Posts: 133 Dedicated contributor šŸ¦‰
    Options
    Must be a diiferent version of Moneysoft - I use Moneysoft Paroll. Yet to see a P35 with employee
    names - which are only on individual P14/P60 - not P35 itself. Not that it answers Jodie's query.
Privacy Policy