FNPF; Annual compound interest

Options
Terdoo
Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉
Practice assesment 4
Task 1.5 C

TheCost per unit of materila BP8 was £50.00 per kilogram on 1 jan X1 and £90.00 per kilogram on 1 Jan X7
using 1 Jan X1 as the base, the cost index for material BP8 as at 1 jan X7 is 180
the cost per unit has increased by 80% between Jan X1 and X7

This is equivalent to an annula compound interest rate of (10.29%)

how do they get the 10.29%
Please show calculation with workings?

Comments

• SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    If you haven't got a calculator that enables you to find x to the power of a value of your choice, then stop reading this now, and go and buy one.

Look at this link. The same question was asked in Nov 2012
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?35865-Financial-performance-please-help&p=258037#post258037
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Answered on pages 5-6 of this thread too (bottom of page 5 and top of page 6, question posted by Salih, answered by me).

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?36041-Financial-performance-round-2!/page5
  • business_connex4u
    business_connex4u Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    There will not be a question on this in the exam. I asked my tutor and he checked with AAT and its a mistake in the CBA. It should not be there, not part of this subject.
  • Terdoo
    Terdoo Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Thank you all for your quick response:cool2:
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    Options
    Dear business_connex4u

I read your posting 16th April with interest.
    There will not be a question on this in the exam. I asked my tutor and he checked with AAT and its a mistake in the CBA. It should not be there, not part of this subject.

I have heard from another source today that AAT consider it could be assessed in an FNPF exam. This seems to contradict your quote.
    Until I am absolutely sure, my classes will continue to address counpounding and the annual compound interest equivalent of an increase in price over several years.

Sandy
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
Privacy Policy