Invitation

Options
stevef
stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
To add to the "what can you do with an accountancy qualification" debate -

Just received my invite from the Royal Household in Clarence House on behalf of the Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project to the Finance for the Future Awards being held at 8 Northumberland Avenue, London, in May. Really looking forward to it.

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    How fantastic! I am sure this will be a memorable event for you Steve.

Do let us know how it goes and post some pictures of the award winners.
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • stevef
    stevef Registered Posts: 258 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Just got back from the Awards evening on Wendesday 22/5/13. The evening was for the "Finance for the Future" Awards which recognises financial leaders who are driving the alignment of finance and sustainability. The awards are co sponsered by NatWest, the Prince's Accounting for Sustainability Project, and ICAEW.

Over 200 invited guests attended the awards held at 8 Northumberland Avenue, the evening commenced at 6:00 pm with a champagne reception and a chance to talk to the previous years winners. After being called to the Ballroom to sit at our tables (I was placed on table 8 for guests of the Prince's Trust, the top table being table 28!) for a welcome from the Prince of Wales (by video) and a key note speech by Neil Wood, CFO of LOCOG. This was followed by a three course dinner (of lobster and scrambled eggs, lamb with delmonico potatoes, salted caramel and chocolate mousse) washed down with a never empty glass of wine. The actual awards hosted by ITN journalist Mary Nightingale started after coffee.

The awrds in five categories were won by:

Inspiring New Ideas - winner - Enval (with Osmosis Investment Management being highly commended)
    Social Enterprise - winner - Groundwork Pennine Lancashire
    Public Sector - winner - Crossrail
    SME's - winner - Environcom (with Elan Hair Design being highly commended)
    Large Business - winner - Marks and Spencer (with Anglian Water being highly commended)

The evening ended at 11:00 pm.

A very enjoyable evening with good conversation and very inspiring, I amy even enter next year to showcase the work that my emploer is doing in sustainable development.
  • David Banner
    David Banner Registered Posts: 28 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi Stevef,

That is a very interesting post, thank you for sharing it with us.

Regards

C
Privacy Policy