ICAS help please - Where am I going wrong??!

Options
Clareymary
Clareymary Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
I have now had my 2nd ICAS feedback from my tutor and the same point has cropped up as was on my first feedback - ": could you take an external stakeholder and trace through what information they would take from each of the three main sections of the final accounts"

I have used the bank as an external stakeholder saying (in summary here!) they would be interested in the stmnt of comp income (to see if a profit has been made), the stmnt of fin position (to see what assets are available as security) and the stmnt of cash flows (to show that the company can meet tax/loan repmts, and shows the short-term viability of the org).

I can't see that I am missing anything or that I need to add anything - any anyone please advise

Many thanks! :001_smile:

Comments

• Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Don't you have to list more than 1 stakeholder?
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I agree with above you need to list and give reasons of all external stakeholders, I can think of about 5
  • Clareymary
    Options
    Thanks, it looks as though I was reading it wrong, I presumed he meant 1 stakeholder when he said "AN external stakeholder"!

many many thanks, I will adjust the report and re-submit...!
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    If that is all you have left to do you have done a fantastic job Mary.

Neil
  • Clareymary
    Options
    Thanks. The only thing is my deadline is 8 May and needs to be uploaded by next Thurs, 24 April.....

I have just emailed my tutor asking if I haev to list the external stakeholders and the reasons - I don't want to waste a "life"!! I will have something prepared either way so I can just copy and post it, then quickly upload it today.
  • Malcolm Green
    Malcolm Green Registered Posts: 105 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    You may like to have a look over the attached AAT ICAS guidance notes for any other points you may need to cover.

Attachment not found.

All the best for your next submission.
  • Clareymary
    Options
    Well, my report has finally be checked by the IV and I am sooo pleased to say I have been marked competent after the 3rd upload!!!

What a relief, I can now put away my huge box file of notes:001_smile:

Thanks for your replies:001_smile:
  • Spamkebab
    Options
    Brilliant news! Well done.
Privacy Policy