Ap2

Options
Nickynoo
Nickynoo Registered Posts: 34 Epic contributor 🐘
Hi All,

I have had an AP1 resit which I passed this week :001_smile:

However I have AP2 in 12 Days and I think because I have been so focused on AP1 my mind is at a blank, any suggestions?

I need to pass this to be able to do my level 4 failure is not an option, I understand the control accounts but have just hit a complete blank with regards to the balance say at 31/3/X6 in the trade receivable is say £6590? and the balance at 31/3/x7 is £8765

I need something to really stick in my mind I think I get it but need it cementing???

Thanks x

Comments

• steve2008
    steve2008 Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Nickynoo wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have had an AP1 resit which I passed this week :001_smile:

However I have AP2 in 12 Days and I think because I have been so focused on AP1 my mind is at a blank, any suggestions?

I need to pass this to be able to do my level 4 failure is not an option, I understand the control accounts but have just hit a complete blank with regards to the balance say at 31/3/X6 in the trade receivable is say £6590? and the balance at 31/3/x7 is £8765

I need something to really stick in my mind I think I get it but need it cementing???

Thanks x

If you write out the T account every time it should help

in your example, lets assume you have the SDB total to be 150,000, and that all sales are done on credit terms (that bit is important as it means that all of the SDB takings will be posted to the SLCA)

The T account will look like this

......................SLCA ...................
    bal b/d .....6590 ..l ...bank ...... XXX
    SDB .....150000 .. l ...bal c/d ... 8765

You then just need to find the missing payment for bank to make the credit / debit columns add up. In this case it's 150000 + 6590 - 8765

hope that helps.
  • Nickynoo
    Nickynoo Registered Posts: 34 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yes that does help thank you, x
Privacy Policy