anyone else find Cost and Revenues difficult?

Options
Hi

all about 4 weeks into cost and revenues but finding it quite difficult to remember all the formulas and in general anyone else finding it very difficult ?:blushing:

Comments

• CharlotteS
    CharlotteS Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I found the first half really easy (i'm distance learning with kaplan) but then struggled with the second half. I just did as many practice questions as I could and it finally started to sink in.
    I was also really worried about the exam because there were a lot of people on here saying it was really hard, but actually it was easier than I was expecting, probably due to how much practice I had done.
    Don't let it stress you out :001_smile:
  • taraskyn
    taraskyn Registered Posts: 41 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yes, I found it quite difficult too, probably as difficult as Cash Management. It is level 3 after all and we have to realise that. I started doing practice assessments I can say that they were very easy. I am to sit my exam this Friday and I am very confident.
    Green light and practice assessments are keys to success.
    Cash management was easier to learn but unbelievably difficult to pass.
    With Costs and revenues - an opposite.
    Just take it easy and don't panic. You'll be fine I am sure.:001_smile:
  • topcat
    topcat Registered Posts: 452
    Options
    Thanks both think i am stressing to much so nothing is going in but looked at it for a few hours last night more chilled out and a few things started to make sense all of a sudden :001_smile:
  • elenmarkova
    elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I have just 5 days to prepare for Cost & Revenues, do you think that's possible?
  • taraskyn
    taraskyn Registered Posts: 41 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    elenmarkova: Good luck to you!!! It may be possible to prepare for the exam in order just to pass it but definitely not enough to learn the subject very well. It is indeed very interesting subject and I would not recommend rushing through it.
    Why do you have only 5 days anyway? :laugh:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    taraskyn wrote: Β»
    elenmarkova: Good luck to you!!!
    I agree. I think it may be possible to pass the exam BUT will you really understand what you have learnt to be able to apply the theory in practice (exam) or are you planning on studying for the 5 days (cramming I guess) and completing lots of practice assessments... which are not necessarily the same format as the real exam? (commented on before).

I would urge you to reconsider and if you have already booked the exam, see if there is any possibility of rescheduling... just my personal opinion.

Good luck if you do go for the 5 days of studying. Let us know how it goes.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Spamkebab
    Spamkebab Registered Posts: 233 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I'm with Jo on this,

If you are looking at progressing on to level 4 then a sound understanding of Costs & Revenues will set you up for the 'step up'

Neil.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    I echo all the others. I thought Cost and Revenues would be hard after reading lots of posts on here but it wasn't that bad.

Good luck in learning in 4 days but once you've done exam you will need to go back and really learn it or you will struggle with some of level 4.

Jan
  • elenmarkova
    elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for sharing your opinions. You are right, it is not really possible to get ready especially with a baby (I did not mention that in previous post). I have spent few days in learning and there are too many formulas and time is not enough to get into the material. Jo I can't rebook because it was too late ... Well it looks like I overestimated my brain :)
    I will go for the exam anyway just to get the idea but I am not almost 100% certain that I will fail.
    Good luck to all you with your remaining exams.
  • Cudey
    Cudey Registered Posts: 138 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    I'm really struggling with this to. Nothing is going in, which is stressing me out. Unfortunately this isn't helped by work stress and ill-health recently but I can't even get the basics right.

Would you just advise going over and over questions? I feel i've failed before i've even booked the exam!
  • AATchick
    AATchick Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Hi, i agree, Costs and Revenues is a difficult topic to study unless you have a photographic memory for all the formulae! :-(

I have my exam on friday, spent the weekend revising, i can do section 1 now but im really struggling with section 2. Especially process and batch costing, net present value, payback periods and semi variable costs :-( i have 3 days to learn all these and im not around much tomorrow, work full time and am heavily pregnant... fun times!! Xx
  • AATchick
    Options
    Update: so after doing all practice assessments online and in my textbook, i failed the costs and revenues exam :-( am gutted as now have to pay over Β£40 for a resit. :-(

The exam was nothing like the practice assessments which threw me big time. I dont know what to do other than start all over agaiin :-( x
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Sorry to hear that AATchick. Did you receive your feedback report so you can identify areas of strength and weakness so you can focus your revision on these areas?
    Benjamin Franklin
  • AATchick
    Options
    Hi Jo, thank you, yes i received the report and i had 3 exceeded, 4 met and 3 did not meets. Although i now know all the exams were different as my friend told me hers had different topics covered in hers so it looks like im going to have to revise everything to cover all areas.

That exam truly was the worst one ive ever taken in the past 10 years that i have taken, that includes gcses and a levels but then i know nvqs should be harder anyway.

Ergh i just want to forget that exam and just focus on the others i have to do i guess! X
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Options
    Hi AATchick

Sorry to hear you failed, don't give up though it can be done.

Can I ask which books you are using, I studied at college with BPP and found the questions were nothing like the exam but luckily I also used Kaplan and found they were layed out the same. I truly believe this is what got me through.

Good luck

Jan
  • AATchick
    Options
    Hi Jan, thanks for your reply. Yes i have also studied using BPP books. I dont think i can afford the Kaplan books as well though :-( good suggestion though xx
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Have you tried looking on eBay for a second hand copy?

Do you know when you will be resitting the CRS exam? I'd like to help you if I can? I will send you a PM.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I will go for the exam anyway just to get the idea but I am not almost 100% certain that I will fail. Good luck to all you with your remaining exams.

How did it go for you elenmarkova?
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy