Home For accounting professionals General accounting discussion
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

CIS Help

Lynn SLynn S New MemberRegistered Posts: 13
Hi all,

I'm after some help please. We have been invoiced by a company that is subject to CIS deductions. we have paid the invoice less the deduction.

I need to know how i then make the payment to HMRC

Any help woyuld be gratefully received




  • JanJan Experienced Mentor Registered Posts: 654
  • T.C.T.C. Experienced Mentor Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448
    You need to be registered as a CIS contractor before you can pay a sub-contractor...and deduct the tax. You cannot deduct the tax until you know what rate to deduct. You should contact HMRC asap to get the business registered. CIS returns should then be completed every month and payment of tax forwarded to HMRC. Hope that helps.
Sign In or Register to comment.