cash management ,,OMG

Options
sligodee
sligodee Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
Anyone going to take the exam, it's nothing like the practice papers, you need to know your stuff and read the questions very carefully . Who ever wrote the question was in a bad mood that day.
Passed it and so happy I've don't have to face that again

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Options
    Someone wrote on a thread yesterday, that they had been told by their tutor that the cash management exams had been very recently re-written by a new examiner. Hence the current exams are not like the practice ones.

Not necessarily a bad thing though to mix it up a bit. Though if AAT are going to lull people into thinking the the exams will be similar to the practice assessments (and then confirm this by consistently producing exams which are indeed similar), it does seem a bit unfair to suddenly turn that on it's head and catch people out. Though you could argue that if you know your stuff it doesn't matter what format it's in.

Well done on passing, proof that if you know the syllabus, it doesn't matter how they ask the questions!
  • AATnovice
    AATnovice Registered Posts: 46 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Congrads on passing, it was me posting about cash management yesterday, i took it last week and it through me really bad :(

Can i just ask who you are training with and what book you are using please :)

Many thanks
  • sligodee
    sligodee Registered Posts: 2 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    We had hand outs from the tutor from ,Bournville collage , I did get some books from collage Kaplan I belive
    I couldn't believe the questions , the question 1.3 I think it just give you two numbers monthly variation and trend,and you had to fill in the rest, , it was just very complicated worded
    But if you take your time and read it ,do lots of green light you will be fine
    Dee
  • CharlotteS
    CharlotteS Registered Posts: 26 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I sat my cash managment exam last week and it was much harder than i was expecting. All the practice exams I did on Kaplan Engage were almost identical and very easy so I thought the exam would be a breeze but it wasnt.
    I agree that the wording was very confusing and for some questions I had to read it a few times to figure out what they wanted.
    As long as you know you're stuff its fine :001_smile:
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Well done on passing, proof that if you know the syllabus, it doesn't matter how they ask the questions!

Agree 100% with NPS. It has been said many times before, if you have studied the syllabus and have put the hours in then you should be ok :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • elenmarkova
    elenmarkova Registered Posts: 17 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Options
    CMT - Passed Successfully

I passed the CMT few days ago and I agree the exam was quite different from the practice assessments especially in the words used... I am so happy that I passed it. When I started the first section and while going through the first questions, my only thought was 'FAILURE' , the second part was fine. I am so pleased now. Cost & Revenues are ahead and this is hard! Hopefully I will be lucky again.:tongue_smilie:
  • Celticgirl
    Celticgirl Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    I passed this last week. It took me a lot longer to complete than the Practice Assessments and I managed to exceed on all questions except 1.3 which I did not meet. This is the only "did not meet" I've had in any AAT exam and the others in my class all struggled with question 1.3. I think mine had 4 moving averages given? I can't remember but I know I went back to it & changed some answers because I didn't understand what they were asking me to do!
    This exam should be looked at, I believe my tutor already raised it with them.
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Don't want to put a dampened on this thread but apparently cash management is moving to level 4 next year :(
  • jollie32
    jollie32 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    Options
    Kelly7 wrote: ยป
    Don't want to put a dampened on this thread but apparently cash management is moving to level 4 next year :(

I passed this but found it very confusing and lots failed - we have now been told that as the failure rate
    was so high lots of tutors have fed this back to AAT. Classmates waiting to resit have been told this is
    moving to Level 4 in September.
  • mentorkeith
    mentorkeith Registered Posts: 74 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi Everyone

There is at least 2 threads going on saying similar things. It might be good to compare comments on this other thread also as it sorts of complements this thread. to read it please click on:

http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?37221-Cash-managment-exam&p=266689#post266689
Privacy Policy