Quick Sage queries

Options
Morpheus1980
Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Good afternoon all! I've just started doing some volunteering with a local charity who run their accounts on Sage 50. I haven't worked with Sage since Level 3, so I'm a bit rusty to say the least.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help with a couple of quick questions that I have:

1. Petty cash. If I were to input an expense into petty cash, where would the corresponding balancing entry be? Do I credit petty cash and debit the expense (e.g., motor expenses)?

2. In setting up purchase orders on Sage, is there a form of control to ensure that no duplicate purchase order numbers are created?

Any help that anyone could give would be very much appreciated :001_smile:

Comments

• CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Options
    1. Yes, or at least that's standard practice on the accounts I've dealt with so far.

2. Not something I do, ever, but if it's the same as invoices etc as long as you leave the autonumbering on it won't duplicate...I've never tried, but the reference number for each document should be unique (essentially it's a database and that's the key field of the record), so if you do duplicate the program should throw an error message...have a quick play in a back-up?
  • Morpheus1980
    Morpheus1980 Registered Posts: 120 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Thanks for your help and advice, CeeJaySix. I shall indeed have a mess around on Sage and see if I can solve the PO query.
Privacy Policy