Can you retake without yet receiving result?

Options
kelbel8888
kelbel8888 Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi,

Iv just done my financial performance exam. I'm so sure iv failed as I missed a question out that had two other answers from the one answer and guessed a couple as was unsure what they was actually asking in a couple. I'm disappointed as I did put lots of effort it.

I just wondered do I have to wait for a result before I can resit. Ideally I'd like to do the exam now again, without having to wait weeks to see if failed and get my head back into that subject.

Anyone heard this, or done it??

Thanks

Comments

• Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Hello Kelbel

I've never heard of anyone doing this... I don't think you would be stopped and can't think of any reason why you can't resit it, however, why not wait for your results... they may come out quicker than 6 weeks and you may be pleasantly surprised and be marked as competent! Just a thought... how would you feel if you resit the exam, the first sitting was competent and then the resit was not yet competent?

What is your next level 4 exam? Why not focus on that and try to forget Financial Performance?

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • kelbel8888
    Options
    I'm desperately worried as I left some and guessed that it would be impossible to be 70% pass. Part of me thinks wait, but the other part thinks just redo while its all still fresh. My next exam is in 4 weeks time.. I'm so disappointed with myself :confused1:
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    I guess it depends how the marks are weighted on each of the questions. It is 70% in each section to pass.

I would try to hold out for the result and maybe keep a little Financial Performance revision going alongside your current module if you feel that strongly. I personally would not resit the exam, ultimately the decision is yours.

Good luck :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • jane
    jane Registered Posts: 165 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi

I felt like that when I sat FP, I wanted to retake mine before the result came out as I just knew I had failed, but my college said that AAT don't allow students to retake an exam when they are waiting for a result.

You never know, you could have well passed, it is a very tough exam and I managed a pass after 3 attempts. Good luck and will keep my fingers crossed for you

J
  • Hubble
    Hubble Registered Posts: 9 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi Kelbel, Jo, Jane and everyone

It is really disheartening when you sit an exam that you think you're ready for and then it totally throws you and you come out upset unable to think about anything else except how you messed it up. Kelbel the same thing happened to me and a lot of folk on here with the nasty financial performance, I left a section blank, and some of the other ones I know I got wrong. I couldn't see how I could possibly have got 70% in both sections and was annoyed with myself that I would have to re-sit. 5 weeks later I found out that I passed the thing afterall so the point is you just never know. You don't know exactly how their marking scheme works. Remember you do get follow-through marks even if you get the first part of a question wrong.

My advice is forget about the exam now, it's done. Try and concentrate on your current module and if it turns out have you haven't passed then you can always re-sit. Take it as it comes. I don't think you need to worry about forgetting what you've learned if you do need to come back to it in a few weeks. You need to recall a lot of stuff from level 3's AP 1 and AP 2 for financial statements on level 4 and I was worried that I wouldn't remember any of it, but it does all come back to you when you start going over it again. It's not like learning it all from scratch.

My guess is that you may well pass it. Do let us know when you find out.
    Don't worry and good luck,

Cheers
    Hubble
  • entfac
    entfac Registered Posts: 8 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    You definitely can't book a resit whilst awaiting results, even if you know you've failed (eg because you didn't even complete 70% of the exam).

One issue which could actually arise is say you took a CBA last week and decided you'd failed so you booked a resit which you took today. When the results come out you've passed last week's CBA but failed today's. What would your situation be in terms of competence?
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    entfac wrote: »
    One issue which could actually arise is say you took a CBA last week and decided you'd failed so you booked a resit which you took today. When the results come out you've passed last week's CBA but failed today's. What would your situation be in terms of competence?

Exactely my point above :)

I would concentrate on your next module and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprised when the results are released.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • kelbel8888
    Options
    Hubble wrote: »
    Hi Kelbel, Jo, Jane and everyone

It is really disheartening when you sit an exam that you think you're ready for and then it totally throws you and you come out upset unable to think about anything else except how you messed it up. Kelbel the same thing happened to me and a lot of folk on here with the nasty financial performance, I left a section blank, and some of the other ones I know I got wrong. I couldn't see how I could possibly have got 70% in both sections and was annoyed with myself that I would have to re-sit. 5 weeks later I found out that I passed the thing afterall so the point is you just never know. You don't know exactly how their marking scheme works. Remember you do get follow-through marks even if you get the first part of a question wrong.

My advice is forget about the exam now, it's done. Try and concentrate on your current module and if it turns out have you haven't passed then you can always re-sit. Take it as it comes. I don't think you need to worry about forgetting what you've learned if you do need to come back to it in a few weeks. You need to recall a lot of stuff from level 3's AP 1 and AP 2 for financial statements on level 4 and I was worried that I wouldn't remember any of it, but it does all come back to you when you start going over it again. It's not like learning it all from scratch.

My guess is that you may well pass it. Do let us know when you find out.
    Don't worry and good luck,

Cheers
    Hubble

Thanks Hubble you have me a little glimmer of hope that I may have passed, hopefully. I think as when I explained to my work what had happened they agreed the best thing to do was to retake quickly. But maybe I should wait. I know all the variances and ratios I would have got right so hopefully il be ok! Il keep this post updated when I know!

As for the retake scenario with what pass would count if failed the second, I'm waiting for a response about what would happen. But more I think about it now, maybe I should just wait. Iv never felt so np and about an exam I guess was just overwhelming!!

Thanks for everyone's input, appreciate it all :001_smile:
  • kelbel8888
    Options
    Well..... I passed!!!! :lol:

That's it, iv now finished level 4, just waiting on one result that I feel I done fine with!!

I'm so pleased and honestly thought I had failed, but turns out I didn't!!

For anyone reading to answer if you can retake without receiving results, no you can not. So as previous advice says, if you feel bad get one with other modules, you never know!!

Good luck to everyone, and thank you
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Congratulations Kelbel and good luck with your final exam result :o
    Benjamin Franklin
Privacy Policy