AAT Website - Accessing study materials

Vlee
Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
Hello

I've just joined officially and was all excited about spending the weekend checking my level 2 knowledge but the MyAAT bit is empty. It's just an advert for AAT and no links to any study material. Admittedly I have really bad back pain right now so I'm struggling to think, but where is all the study and practice assessment stuff I've just paid Β£120 for?:crying:

Comments

• Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    AAT have had some technical issues over the last few weeks due to their upgrade, but your issue doesn't sound like that. I've just checked mine and mine is all fine (despite not actually officially being a member at the moment!)

Could it be the settings on your computer, blocking pop ups or something?
    Or could it be that they haven't fully activated your account yet?
  • Vlee
    Definitely no pop up blocker, there are loads of them. In fact laptop access to the internet is full of adverts. I'm not used to it as I normally stick to my ipad or phone.

I reread the email and it says something about registering taking 24 hours but I can log in. There is no logical place I can see I would go to to access practice tests. Strange website. No welcome message or how to use bit. Oh well a weekend in bed to get over this cold would be a better idea anyway.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Nps1976 wrote: Β»
    I've just checked mine and mine is all fine (despite not actually officially being a member at the moment!)

NPS... can you tell me if you can also see your assessment results and statements of achievement? If you can, how/which menu. I am a full member and can't see anything. Just wanted to do one last check before I write an email to AAT advising them mine is still empty.

Thanks.

JC :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Jo Clark
    Vlee wrote: Β»
    but where is all the study and practice assessment stuff I've just paid Β£120 for?:crying:

This link may help... but make sure you keep a check on your MyAAT account as some of the resources are only accessible one you logon to your MyAAT account, for example, Green Light test.... and you want to be using these as they are fab! :001_tongue:

http://www.aat-interactive.org.uk/aat/
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nps
    Nps Registered Posts: 782
    Hi Jo,

I can see all my assessment results (and they look correct!). The Statement of Achievement page still says it is unavailable though.
    The assessment page is via a link on the main page, but rather unhelpfully, you can't actually see that it is a link until you click on it! It's this paragraph, about half way down, and the link is on the words I've highlighted

Check your assessment results
    If you've take an assessment recently, check to see if your results have been reported.
    The time it takes for you to get your assessment results will vary depending on the level you are taking.

Hope that helps.
    Nicki
  • Jo Clark
    Thanks Nicki

I don't have any of that... I do wonder if its because I'm a full member? Still be nice to see my results and SoAs so I can print them for job applications if necessary (although full certificates should suffice).

Benjamin Franklin
  • Vlee
    Still nothing on MyAAT and the email I was sent referrenced AATlearnplus which I suspect is out of date as there is no such website.

At least Kaplan is working and I have the full SS module plus AP2 and PE from the books I have. I just wanted to do those green light assessments as a revision exercsie for L2, L3 is intimidating me and I want to be super confident with L2 and have gotten rid of this cold before I start L3 properly. I'm getting through the admin and instructions on Kaplan at the mo.

Thanks for the link Jo, I will check those out and do my work book practice assessments for L2 instead. Sorry you are having trouble with access too - any luck on the job front? Do you have a particular strategy or area of interest?
  • Jo Clark
    Vlee wrote: Β»
    Still nothing on MyAAT and the email I was sent referrenced AATlearnplus which I suspect is out of date as there is no such website.

At least Kaplan is working and I have the full SS module plus AP2 and PE from the books I have. I just wanted to do those green light assessments as a revision exercsie for L2, L3 is intimidating me and I want to be super confident with L2 and have gotten rid of this cold before I start L3 properly. I'm getting through the admin and instructions on Kaplan at the mo.

Thanks for the link Jo, I will check those out and do my work book practice assessments for L2 instead. Sorry you are having trouble with access too - any luck on the job front? Do you have a particular strategy or area of interest?

Hello Vlee

The link I sent gives you access to the practice assessments for level 2, 3 and 4. Why not attempt the BA1/2 practice assessments and see how you do. Green light is good too and hopefully will be sorted for you soon.

I have emailed AAT about my access. It isn't too much of an issue for me as I have completed AAT but would be nice to see them... but not sure if we can as a full member? :huh:

I enjoy analysing financial returns (part of my current job) as well as tax, audit and compliance... and I get to do the last two in my current job too... I'm lucky to enjoy my job so much :o

What are your plans for the future?

Hope to see you on here more in the future.

Benjamin Franklin
  • Vlee
    Still no signs of study material or green light assessments. I have been doing the practice ones on the above link and I'm very solid on BA1 and BC but feeling less confident about the BA2 stuff, although I passed the test I know the subject matter hasn't sunk in as much as I've only just done it, and with a bad cold. I will do a few more tomorrow before I get stuck into SS or PEAF or ITX.

Jo - great to hear you are actually getting good experience, it must help to be actually doing relevant work. The tutor who called me because I want to skip L2 expected me to have it all at the forefront of my mind, but not working in accounting it really isn't. Ask me about potty training or my little pony and I will have quick answers! I'm afraid I'm stuck at home with the kids for a while so plenty of time to think about what I'd like to do. I have worked in analysis before so I know accounting is a good career option but so far I'm yet to identify what exactly I'd like to do. At least AAT means the options are open. I do have a slight inkling that tax would be good, potentially working in practice rather than industry. Although management accounting may be interesting too, budgeting and forecasting. I really need to go and speak to people - husband works in finance so could help set something up and my uncle is an accounting lecturer who may know people in practice too. Or I go self employed - a few friends are setting up businesses so I've told them I will train up and do their accounting. It's a good job I have plenty of time!
  • Jo Clark
    It sounds to me like you have it all planned out which is great :)

You are right in saying you will get to experience different areas of accounting whilst studying AAT, especially when you reach level 4 and pick your optional modules.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Vlee
    I have access. Whoop! I didn't get on yesterday but have managed my first lot of green lights. The questions with fill in the gaps are not my cup of tea though, managed to pass but it's a shame they don't give answers so you can see what the right answer was. I want to swot up on the journal and suspense accounts and then I will feel ready to move on.
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hi Vlee

There are answers on the green lights if you click on the correct/incorrect that appears on the right hand side it provides the correct answer and how it was worked out and shows where you went wrong.

Jan
  • anya
    anya Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hi,

I am new to the forum and seem to have the same problem as Vlee. I registered with AAT on Wednesday but MyAAT still tells me I am a guest user. I'm going to self-study, starting from level 3 (level 2 covered without doing exams). While going through registration process I put BPP Birmingham as learning provider as I plan to sit exams there in future. So now I am just wondering whether this might be a reason as I am not "officially" registered with them. Or is it just website playing up and taking its time?

Vlee, have you contacted AAT? Because they do ask you to call them if you can't access myAAT properly, or do I just need to wait for a bit longer?...

Anyway, I guess I will call them on Monday if it doesn't work by then.

Regards,
    Anya
  • Vlee
    Mine seemed to appear after the weekend - I joined on a Saturday as the first of the month. I have a feeling there is a human being who has to do something rather than it being automatic. Give them a call on Monday, it is a really useful resource - I'm about to use the practice assessments for indirect tax! Good luck
  • anya
    Thanks for reply, Vlee!

Yes, I will try to call them on Monday and hopefully it will be sorted out. Got my Accounts Preparation study text today, finally going to do some studying! :001_smile:
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Hi Anya & Vlee - sorry to hear about these issues you're experiencing with the site. Can you confirm whether this is still happening please?

Thanks

Stuart
  • anya
    StuartW wrote: Β»
    Hi Anya & Vlee - sorry to hear about these issues you're experiencing with the site. Can you confirm whether this is still happening please?

Thanks

Stuart

Hi,

I called student support earlier today and they fixed the problem :)

Thank you!
  • Vlee
    Mine appeared a few days later. I did have an issue with the green lights on ITX though - the 2012 calculations one specifically. It reported incorrect answers when they were identical to the actual answers. The questions were definitely not of the same quality of the previous ones either, both format and content. Hopefully this will be updated with the new syllabus.
Privacy Policy