Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

RTI Basic Tools - error 13

NatsmommaNatsmomma Feels At HomeRegistered Posts: 39
Hi everyone.

I just have a couple of Directors on my books who take a quarterly salary and need to be processed through RTI. For this reason I'm hoping to use HMRC's free software rather than purchase any.

I still cannot download the Basic Tools for RTI successfully and get an Error 13 message each time. HMRC are dealing with it and I won't be penalised, but just wondered if anyone else has the same problem?

Thanks.

Comments

• missmelmissmel Feels At Home Registered Posts: 27
    Hi I have downloaded the Basic Tools and not had any errors - do you know what Error 13 is?
  • NatsmommaNatsmomma Feels At Home Registered Posts: 39
    It seems to relate to the c: drive and says that the software is unable to initialise. All Greek to me! I will see if the HMRC techies can sort it.....
  • LynWestLynWest Well-Known Registered Posts: 122
    If they cannot sort it and want free RTI payroll software try Payroo. I used it last year for one of my clients, i have recently paid though to use Moneysoft as i now have more clients :001_smile:
    LynWest wrote: »
    If they cannot sort it and want free RTI payroll software try Payroo. I used it last year for one of my clients, i have recently paid though to use Moneysoft as i now have more clients :001_smile:

Ooh thank you for that suggestion, I might well use it. I only have a couple of clients which have Limited companies and sole Directors so just need basic software to submit their quarterly payroll and RTIs.
    Thank you Lynnwest for the suggestion of using Payroo.

Submissions all complete and one happy bunny. No more HMRC helpline stress for me (until the next time!!)