Exam Result Chaos?

Options
wannabebean
wannabebean Registered Posts: 72 Regular contributor ⭐
Hello All

I have finally managed to log in to the new (awful) AAT website.

All my exam results are there. I have one exam left to do (Business Tax). All my exam results say "Competent" apart from Personal Tax that says "Not Yet Competent". To date this is the only exam that I have failed and will need to re-sit. Except for two things:

1. This exam was very easy and I know I passed
2. When I logged in to the old system just before Christmas, it stated clearly "Competent" !!!!!!!

WHAT IS GOING ON?

Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• wannabebean
    Options
    Ok I have now seen something else:

Personal tax 29/01/2013 Computer based test Competent
    Financial statements 04/01/2013 Computer based test Competent
    Personal tax 20/12/2012 Computer based test Not Yet Competent
    Financial performance 16/09/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Internal control and accounting systems 26/07/2011 Computer based project Competent
    Budgeting 22/06/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Spreadsheet software 21/06/2011 Computer based project Competent
    Cost and revenues 31/03/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Accounts Preparation II 23/02/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Accounts preparation I 17/02/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Indirect tax 25/01/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Professional ethics in accounting and finance 25/01/2011 Computer based test Competent
    Cash management 20/01/2011 Computer based test Competent

Odd - it says NYC next to one entry of Personal Tax yet it says "Competent" Next to the second entry of Personal Tax? I did not do this exam twice? Oh Dear.
  • eek
    eek Registered Posts: 31 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I had similar thing with mine when site was back up and running - my performance exam said NYC but I have actually passed all to date.
    I spoke to AAT and they said that it was something to do with the invigilator or teachers when they put you in for the exams and swap days around but it shouldnt show on your results page. They changed it within 24 hours so now all ok

Just ring AAT
  • anniebabe
    anniebabe Registered Posts: 595 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    just out of curiosity, does it show on a statement of achievement the amount of times you fail/resit an exam?
    if you fail and then resit does it override the previous exam?
  • gangstara
    gangstara Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Just realised something in my exam results as well. It shows that I have failed Financial Accounting twice but I have never failed it, they gave me two NYC and one C. Guess I should contact them or these were practice assessments!!?
  • anniebabe
    Options
    thought you had failed financial statements lots of times? if you get nyc - surely thats a fail?
    http://forums.aat.org.uk/showthread.php?36865-(fnst-8-times-(
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi all,

Due to a glitch we're currently working on fixing, some assessments that were cancelled (that is, not sat on that particular date) are showing as 'Not Yet Competent' for a small number of members.

If this is happening to you please could you email webservices@aat.org.uk with your full name and membership number?

Thanks,

Stuart
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Stuart - if you fail an exam - and then resit and pass - does it show the fail and the pass - just out of interest.
    thanks
  • StuartW
    StuartW Registered Posts: 472 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    @anniebabe - No, your statement of achievement will just show what you've achieved, not how many times it took, etc.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    ok thankyou for replying, i have passed everything first time upto now, but have a horrid feeling that i may have made a mess of my last exam, fnst, ever mind :)

thanks
  • gangstara
    gangstara Registered Posts: 27 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Anniebabe Financial Accounting not Financial Statements, it's my level 3 where they have added NYC to my exam results.
  • anniebabe
    Options
    Ahhh! thought it sounded odd.
  • wannabebean
    Options
    Thanks

Hello

Thanks to all that replied. The AAT confirmed that I have passed the exam. Its a glitch. I have emailed web support as suggested. I hope they don't make a mess of it and delete half my results! I hope the AAT keep a back up system of some sort.

All they really need to do is delete the personal tax result with the NYC beside it and keep the one that says Competent!

ONE EXAM LEFT TO DO!
Privacy Policy