AAT recognised internationally?

Options
mrderek88
mrderek88 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi

Is AAT (the full qualification) recognised overseas, particularly Australia? My family are moving out there next year for work commitments and I should be fully qualified by then and wondered if I would get a decent accounting role with my AAT if I decided to move out there too?

Thanks

Derek

Comments

• James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    The AAT qualification is recognised at diploma level by Australian standards, and with it you can get associate membership with the NIA (NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTANTS) in Australia. But for Visa purposes the AAT qualification is not really recognised it would seem that you would need to have a degree or a further qualification like ACCA/CIMA/ACA.

So it is recognised, I have been thinking about Australia potentially, as i'm not sure whether it is a needed skill over there, so maybe it would be easier to get a job.

Maybe a bit of research is needed here.

Hope this helps!
  • mrderek88
    mrderek88 Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi James

Thanks again - you really know your stuff dont you! You contriburte a lot to these forums!

I was thinking exactly what you said. I know accountants are on the list of wanted professionals in Australia, I just didnt know if AAT would help in qualifying for the Visa's. Ill do some research! Thanks again
  • James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi James

Thanks again - you really know your stuff dont you! You contriburte a lot to these forums!

I was thinking exactly what you said. I know accountants are on the list of wanted professionals in Australia, I just didnt know if AAT would help in qualifying for the Visa's. Ill do some research! Thanks again

Oh don't make me blush! Worth sharing what i know, but theres plenty who know more than me.

I only know about this from wanting to do it myself, and in some cases i know people who have got placements before going over, which has solved the Visa issue.

I'll see if i can get in touch with them and post back if i find anything out, no promises though.
Privacy Policy