level 4

Options
Nickynoo
Nickynoo Registered Posts: 34 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Wahoooo

Just passed my Level 3, so I hear that level 4 is a huge step any tips to prepare for this?

Comments

• Clarekaye
    Clarekaye Registered Posts: 307
    Options
    Well done :thumbup1:

I have only taken one exam and studying for the second of level 4 and it is a big jump, i am putting in more hours, the 6 week wait for results is a little long I think it can knock your confidence a bit so stay positive, and just take it at your own pace.
    :)
  • janwal
    janwal Registered Posts: 1,189 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congrats on level 3 :thumpsup:

Yes level 4 is a very big step up, a lot depends on how you study. Personally I have found doing it at college 2 subjects at once, I can't do it. So I am going to attempt to do my resists 1 at a time and concentrate on 1 subject.
    Most other people sailed through it, we are all different.

Good luck!!
  • salih
    salih Registered Posts: 81 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    result takes 6 weeks, but if you fail you get a feedback on where you went wrong but not what question just sections so it's hard to tell where abouts in that section, it's harder then level 3 but if you have the right teachers and study hard you might pass
  • Kelly7
    Kelly7 Registered Posts: 218 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I found I had to really step up my work from level 2 to 3. How will I cope at level 4. X
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Kelly7 wrote: ยป
    I found I had to really step up my work from level 2 to 3. How will I cope at level 4. X

Work hard, play hard :o Lots of question practice and make sure you understand what you are learning, don't just learn how to answer the exam questions :)

Ask lots of questions at college (if you go to college) as well as asking questions on the forum as we are all here to help each other!

Good luck and enjoy :001_tongue:
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nickynoo
    Options
    Thank you, I attended college last night for a chat of the level of commitment that is required, it makes me even more determined to do well :) I have been told 12 hours of studying a week is needed so no life but hey it is only for the short termx
  • business_connex4u
    business_connex4u Registered Posts: 10 Regular contributor โญ
    Options
    Its a higher level of info. But try the old fashioned method of studying the subject well and you will understand it and pass the exams. There are no shortcuts, or tricks. Its not a huge step, just more accounting knowledge, which having passed level 3 you will cope with.
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Thanks Jo. I asked a lot of questions this year which I don't think my teacher liked lol. She once asked if everyone got it and because I said I didn't understand the whole thing she'd been talking about she said 'you'll get there' while walking away from me lol, great help.

Nicky, did your teacher say 12 hours outside of college or including your time at college?

I'm thinking about going over some of my level 3 work or reading up on some things for next year to get a hit of a head start , can anyone recommend what would be best to read up on? X
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Kelly, for reading I would recommend AP1/2 if you are going to start level 4 with FNST, otherwise try reading CRS if you will start with BGT/FNPF.

I recommend (as it was to me) that for every hour spent in college you spend 2/3 hours outside of college studying, but we are all different, just see how it goes and increase/decrease time spent studying as necessary.
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nickynoo
    Options
    Thanks Jo. I asked a lot of questions this year which I don't think my teacher liked lol. She once asked if everyone got it and because I said I didn't understand the whole thing she'd been talking about she said 'you'll get there' while walking away from me lol, great help.

Nicky, did your teacher say 12 hours outside of college or including your time at college?

I'm thinking about going over some of my level 3 work or reading up on some things for next year to get a hit of a head start , can anyone recommend what would be best to read up on? X

Hi Kelly, yes an extra 12 hours outside of college, but hey it's only for 9 months, I've heard that this level only has 56% pass rate but have been told that as long as the hours are put in and the homework completed then should be ok, I will be reading up on ap1&2 just to refresh with some practice assessments before I start.
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Thanks Jo, you're always very helpful on here!! Not too sure what we will start with but I will spend time going over both of them now I know they will be of use.

That out of college study time seems about right to what I was doing last year, better enjoy the summer then before my life goes again from September lol.
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Thanks Nicky!
    It is a lot of time isn't it, 18 hours (inc college), do you work full time too? I was told at the start of my course last year that there was around a 50% pass rate for all the exams but I passed them all first time, I did put a lot of work in outside of college but it paid off and probably saved time in the long run so didn't have to revise for any again like a lot of people in my class. Good idea with the practice assessments, I'll check how I'm doing too by doing them once I'm done a bit of reading up.
    xxx
  • Jo Clark
    Options
    Thanks Jo, you're always very helpful on here!! Not too sure what we will start with but I will spend time going over both of them now I know they will be of use.

That out of college study time seems about right to what I was doing last year, better enjoy the summer then before my life goes again from September lol.

You're most welcome Kelly. I was where you are last year so know how you feel. I received lots of help and support from the forum so now its my turn to help :o
    Benjamin Franklin
  • Nickynoo
    Options
    Hey Kelly,

definitely enjoy the summer first, I work 4 days and normally go to college one day I also have a 3 year old running me about, I think it's fair to say I like a challenge :) well maybe through the forum we can help each other through the level 4, I know I will no doubt have lots of questions and be asking advice xx

Thanks Nicky!
    It is a lot of time isn't it, 18 hours (inc college), do you work full time too? I was told at the start of my course last year that there was around a 50% pass rate for all the exams but I passed them all first time, I did put a lot of work in outside of college but it paid off and probably saved time in the long run so didn't have to revise for any again like a lot of people in my class. Good idea with the practice assessments, I'll check how I'm doing too by doing them once I'm done a bit of reading up.
    xxx
  • Kelly7
    Options
    Ahh yeah that would be great. Do you start in september too?
    Ooh I bet having a small child, working 4 days and college must be very hard to manage. I am luckiky still at home, don't think I could handle anything else too lol.

Xx
Privacy Policy