Spreadsheet Exam

Options
cazalino
cazalino Registered Posts: 44 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
Hi i have my spreadsheet exam on friday and am going through a preactice exam and cant for the life of me see how to print a document showing formulas.

Can anyone assist please - thanks

Comments

• James Patterson
    James Patterson Registered Posts: 281
    Options
    Hi,

This is dependent on what version you're using.

Go to the 'Formulas' tab > go to 'Formula Auditing'> Click 'show formulas' > And print :)

Hope this helps
  • Kris1990
    Kris1990 Registered Posts: 52 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I don't know if this will be of any use to you but I use Control + ` (the button next to the number 1 button) to show formulas. I believe it works in every version of excel so it might be worth remembering if your using a different version of excel to sit your exam.

Good luck for Friday.
  • TyJac
    TyJac Registered Posts: 42 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    I got my result today for this exam and I'm glad to say that I've finally passed on my 2nd attempt!!! Just click on the button where it says 'show formulae'. You don't actually need to print out the documents, but you need to save it and upload your file/workbook onto the server when complete.
  • Jo Clark
    Jo Clark Registered Posts: 2,525 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    Congratulations on passing Cash Management cazalino :o
    ~ An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest ~
    Benjamin Franklin
  • CeeJaySix
    CeeJaySix Registered Posts: 645
    Options
    Erm, probably not the best idea to post that on the AAT forums, you (and your invigilator) could get in a bit of bother! It's still an exam with a time limit, just because there's not a computer enforcing it doesn't mean you can ignore it...I am of course assuming that it is a time LIMIT rather than a guide to how long it SHOULD take.
  • coojee
    coojee Registered Posts: 794 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Erm, probably not the best idea to post that on the AAT forums, you (and your invigilator) could get in a bit of bother! It's still an exam with a time limit, just because there's not a computer enforcing it doesn't mean you can ignore it...I am of course assuming that it is a time LIMIT rather than a guide to how long it SHOULD take.

Agreed. My understanding is that after the alloted time was up the assessment timed out so that you couldn't upload anything so there'd be nothing to mark. I think the time can be extended by the invigilator but only if there have been technical problems along the way and only to allow the documents to be uploaded.
  • AATchick
    AATchick Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Hi All,
    Hope you don't mind me hijacking this thread but I have my Spreadsheets exam on the 19th July (next week).

I have been told to log onto the AAT website and onto the LearnPlus to make sure my AAT account is activated which I have done - but there is no assessment appearing on the screen?

Can anyone give me a step by step instruction as to how to log on as I don't think I'm doing it right :-(

Thanks for any replies :-)

AATchick x
  • CeeJaySix
    Options
    Having just done mine -

Log in to my AAT, then on the right hand side under online services click LearnPlus. That's it, LearnPlus activated (you don't need to do this if you've used LearnPlus before).

Once the assessment is set up, it will appear on the right hand side of the LearnPlus screen under 'Upcoming assessments' or something like that (the title only appears when there's something to put under it). My assessment was only set up the day before, so no need to panic. If it hasn't appeared a couple of days beforehand you may like to give your provider a ring to double check.
  • AATchick
    AATchick Registered Posts: 89 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Options
    Thanks CeeJaySix, youre a star! :-) xx
  • Vlee
    Vlee Registered Posts: 136 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Options
    I've just sat this exam and it was very similar to the practice test on MyAAT. No VLOOKUPs despite concentrating on them quite a lot. I used all the tips on here so fingers crossed. I am a little worried I missed something as I finished the exam in about an hour. I didn't realise it was so early until I was on the train home. It seems ok compared to the practice paper but I have a long wait to find out if it's good enough. Eeek! My first exam so I'm extra nervous anyway.
  • CeeJaySix
    Options
    It is a very straightforward exam if you have basic Excel knowledge. Pretty much all you need to know is how to format,use headers and footers, conditional formatting, SUM, MAX, MIN, AVERAGE, basic IF statements, basic graphs, and very basic pivot tables. In fact my tutor said don't bother with the textbook if you've used Excel before, do the mock, if you have any problems then look at the relevant chapters. I did, I didn't, the exam took 40mins, okay I haven't got the mark back yet but I'd be truly shocked if it's a fail. For anyone comfortable using Excel this is one in the bag.
Privacy Policy